AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is the AK forum. The reason we're here and what we like is the Kalashnikov. What else floats your boat?

Me? I've owned and collected a bunch of stuff. At one time I had about 20 Finns, MN91,M-24,M27,2 M28,3 M28-30, a bunch of Finned 91/30's and M39's. I can't even begin to count the Russian/Soviet 91/30's M38' and M44's. :roll: Oh yea, SVT 40's (Hi SVT!) A 43 Izhevsk,a 40 Kovrov and a 42 Tula, SA marked. Yes all most all gone :sad:. I've done the whole US and British thing also. German? oh yea. Tried the ww2 but that is a minefield. Way too many boinkered rifles never mind the uniforms and gear. I have settled into Imperial German rifles. I have about 15. About 6 prewar and the rest war time. So for me it's Imperial German and Soviet Russia. What about you?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Kalashnikovs are #1.

With that said, I enjoy many other com-bloc arms as well. Of course, I love Mosins. I have SKS's - Russian, Albanian, Yugoslavian. Ive got a really nice '41 Tula SVT-40, and a few Makarovs. Ive also got a '52 Soviet TT-33 Tokarev. Collection is always growing... :goof:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Hmm. It's about the Kalashnikov, but I do collect a few others

I like my Garands and Colt 1911's. I have 91/30 and CZ.

1943 US Property Colt

1932 Colt Commercial & my 43 Winchester Garand

I'll have to take pics of the other toys this week.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geezzz!!! I forgot SKS's and pistols :shock: Had a few Soviet SKS's,Polish Tok,Bulgarian Mak. I know I've forgotten some more. I tell you I love the hex rifles. I'm really,really wanting a hex M44 :razz:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Travis, man if I knew you were into the .45 I would have had a deal for you. I just sold a 95% all Colt 1911a1. Made in 44. It hada rearsenal stamp on it, but if it was they kept all Colt parts together. Also the ser# and the inspection maarkings all jived for a mid 44 date. It was a nice pistol.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Fireman said:
Travis, man if I knew you were into the .45 I would have had a deal for you. I just sold a 95% all Colt 1911a1. Made in 44. It hada rearsenal stamp on it, but if it was they kept all Colt parts together. Also the ser# and the inspection maarkings all jived for a mid 44 date. It was a nice pistol.
Wow - sounds nice. I really don't go looking for them. They just seem to find me.
:dance:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My main collection is Kalashnikov's with Yugo firearms trialing a close second

after that its all other Eastern Bloc firearms including Ordnance

but I do have some HK's FN's and AR's etc etc etc

can't forgot I collect Warsaw Pact Uniforms.medals and "crap" as my wife calls some of it too :lol:

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Damn near any chinese gun at a decent price, aks, sks's, mosins, mausers, assualt rifles, pretty much anything I find that I have the money for. :grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
well, i love Mosins,sks,and Enfeilds. i have a soft spot in my heart for enfields.

i have thined the herd allot latley due to times being tough in the money dept. i am afraid i am down to 1 Garand didnt see that comming. its a Dane bult on a springfeild from oct 42. it te at less than 2 and will out shoot all my other Garands i had, probably due to the var barell.

Ronald

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
My main interest has always been US service rifles, but once i pretty much completed that collection minus a 41 johnson. I got into everything else, i have a few 91/30's, m44's, and a m38, i have some british goodies as well. I got into cowboy action shooting for a few years and went sideways with my collection and started buying cowboy guns :neutral: I have an eclectic array of firearms now, about thirty pistols and double that in rifles and shotguns. I love AK's and have some and have a bunch of kits to build. But my main interest will always be US military items. McM

I never could make up my mind on what to collect, i have other hobbies too, At one time i had 60K in motorcycles, lol. I have an old army jeep, well a MUTT to be exact and all kinds of other crap. Single life is something else, Well now i'm engaged to be married and things are changing, just like everyone always says it does. I'll always have guns though, its in my blood and she understands and respects that. I like to think i collect all things military. I blame my father for it too, hes the one that sent my ass to military school for Gods sake.

I even have this dude standing tall in my office.

·
Registered
28 Posts
About 8 years ago I really got into collecting Mosins and got out of it selling my last two last year. After that it was revolvers and now I'm getting back into Milsurps with SKS's and just got a 1944 Tula 91/30.[/url]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The usual Mosins, Czech, Yugo, etc. mausers, Russian & Yugo SKS, but everything is centered around my Swiss collection, Schmidt-Rubins and Vetterlis.

Just getting into AKs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts