AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pics. Any help is appreciated.




 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
It looks like a Polish PMKMS with the trunnion markings shaved off and re-numbered.Is this the actual serial number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first double tap ever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Stottman. Now that I know it is of mixed pedigree... What country is:

folder?
trunnion?
gas tube?
top cover?

The gas tube is one of the ones with the holes in it like the Chinese and Russian.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Dale,

Did you get it from Atlantic Firearms? If so, the kits are supposedly Polish. OOW or Armory receiver?

Bud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Can't really say...It's just a mishmash of parts. The trunnion might be east german? Folder might be Romy? Gas tube and top cover could be from an AK47?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bachelor_of_Science said:
Dale,

Did you get it from Atlantic Firearms? If so, the kits are supposedly Polish. OOW or Armory receiver?

Bud
Bud,
I am sure there isn't a single Polish part on the thing. I have a Polish kit that I am almost finished building, and everything on this rifle is different.

Stottman,
You are pretty much confirming what I had suspected about the origins of the parts. The milled folder on the rifle is like a friggin' tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
i vote milled leftovers on the selector and folder
on the rest there really isnt a good pic so it would just be a guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is an overall picture that I meant to post in my original post.


ETA I posted this same question on AR15.com and so far I have had a few good responses, but I also have got 2 guys wanting me to send it to them and another internet cop telling me that the rifle is illegal because of the Polish pistol grip I put on it.

US parts according to the Vector manual (in case anybody cares)

receiver
muzzle attachment
gas piston
trigger
hammer
disconnector

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
In my opinion,the parts count is your business! I see the milled underfolder,are you planning on leaving this one as is or are you going to try to put it back as close to original as possible? That East German trunnion is playing on my imagination! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JOHNO said:
In my opinion,the parts count is your business! I see the milled underfolder,are you planning on leaving this one as is or are you going to try to put it back as close to original as possible? That East German trunnion is playing on my imagination! :wink:
This rifle is in my opinion a work of art. Vector did an awesome job on this rifle, and the fit and finish is outstanding. Not only does it look good, but now that I replaced the FSE fire control group they had in it, it's a joy to shoot too. For some reason the FSE fcg had slap just like a Centruy group.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
dalesimpson said:
I posted this same question on AR15.com and so far I have had a few good responses, but I also have got 2 guys wanting me to send it to them and another internet cop telling me that the rifle is illegal because of the Polish pistol grip I put on it.
pieceofstink
Member
Joined :: July 2005
Post Number :: 1083

NV, USA

User Info IM User Email User Reply Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say it was from Salt Lake City. . . . . . .


PS-I think that grip is illegal as hell.


:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Reciever counts as other compliance part, allowing them to add another foreign part, IE a pistol grip.

On the Yugo underfolders that have a US reciever AND US barrel, the muzzle attatchment and grip are Yugo because the US parts cover it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JOHNO said:
dalesimpson said:
I posted this same question on AR15.com and so far I have had a few good responses, but I also have got 2 guys wanting me to send it to them and another internet cop telling me that the rifle is illegal because of the Polish pistol grip I put on it.
pieceofstink
Member
Joined :: July 2005
Post Number :: 1083

NV, USA

User Info IM User Email User Reply Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say it was from Salt Lake City. . . . . . .


PS-I think that grip is illegal as hell.


:lol:
I don't know why a troll response took me by suprise. I should have fully expected a piece of shit to have some bullshit to add to my thread. I should have known better than to think I could have gotten straight answers in a tech forum on AR15.com. That place is crawling with trolls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
yeah I read that over there. I don't know if he (POS) was kidding or what but I'm fed up with those jerks too. There are so many assclowns over there I rarely post on the AK side anymore. :mad:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top