AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of parts kits here and I have decided I will probably get the best price if I do them all at once or thereabouts.

I am not concerned with turnaround time or somebody who is "The Best"

I just want a cost effective builder who does it the way I would do it, even if it takes awhile. I have sent Inrange an email and Duke Nukem...Do any of you know somebody that might fit this better?

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Do them yourself, you dont need the vast ammount of tools that you might think you would and since you're doing that many, buying tools will pay off quick. You will enjoy those guns that much more too. If building yourself is out of the question then I give Ken Kubin at Global military gunsmithing a Big ass +1. He does great work and isn't out to suck it to you on price. He has a big following over on the Gunboards, I first went to him because he's local and now i wouldnt have anyone else do my builds even though i do them all, if i was to sub out anything to anyone it would be him because he's first rate. He did some FAL work for me that was cheaper then anyone else i contacted. When i built my first two i took them over to his shop for him to check headspace, he stopped what he was doing checked the headspace on both rifles and refused to charge me, if thats not first rate i dont know what is. McM
http://globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have 90% of the tools and have done it before...I have a syndrome called half-assed. It causes you, no matter how important, to make mistakes and take shortcuts. It also causes you to lose attention to any detail...Most of the kits I want to have professionally built are unique, expensive, rare, or tricky builds...The romy's and what not I will do myself on flats.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
InRange has done my high dollar rare kits, and I could not be happier!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts