AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my M70B1, but it really hurts my cheekbone trying to get a decent cheekweld with the open sights. What options are available to reduce the comb?

1. First of all, I guess I could sand down the comb, but that would affect the fit of the standard rubber buttpad.
2. Has anyone changed the angle of the entire stock by cutting and adding wood to the nose where it fits the rear trunion?
2. Does any aftermarket company make a ready-to-install AK47-style wooden or plastic buttstock that fits the M70 rear trunion and has a lower comb?

·
Registered
536 Posts
M76 stock...

NOT MY RIFLE

It mates right up to the M70 rear trunnion. Surplus stocks can be found pretty easy, or you could get one from Ironwood Designs.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Good solution, plus it looks cooler than any shaved down M70 buttstock.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
I love my M70B1, but it really hurts my cheekbone trying to get a decent cheekweld with the open sights. What options are available to reduce the comb?

1. First of all, I guess I could sand down the comb, but that would affect the fit of the standard rubber buttpad.
2. Has anyone changed the angle of the entire stock by cutting and adding wood to the nose where it fits the rear trunion?
2. Does any aftermarket company make a ready-to-install AK47-style wooden or plastic buttstock that fits the M70 rear trunion and has a lower comb?
Yes., you can shim or sand the leading edge of the M70 buttstock. It will then resemble more closely the M64 fixed stock profile. Try a cheap ordinary wood shim piece first as a test and/or then sand as desired. etc.

from the jonpo comparison thread in the stickies>

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Are you completely against re-arranging your offending cheekbone? :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts