AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I went to the Salem Va. Gun Show to buy a CZ .22 Magnum rifle. Even though I had long wanted a Ruger 77/22M they were just too expensive for my budget. When I got to the Gun Show I could only find one CZ .22 Magnum for sale. Price was $425. I continued looking just in case someone else was selling CZs. Luckily I happened upon a guy selling his own Ruger 77/22M All Weather rifle. Price was $400 !!! The darn thing looked brand new!!! So my plans changed and I bought the Ruger. I went to Walmart after the Gun Show and bought a Nikon scope to mount on the 77/22M. I am now a happy guy with my long sought after 77/22M.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Nice ruger! Those Nikon Buckmaster scopes are great pieces of gear for your average put put shooter.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Nice rifle! We probably walked right past each other, I was at that show Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Nice score!

I need to get a .22 bolt gun one of these days.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sweet! Nothing like an accurate plinker that won't devour your wallet. Beautiful gun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice Rifle. I am not trying to be a smart azz, but don't Ruger rings come with a slight height difference? The pic sorta looks like the shorter height ring is in the front and the scope is pointed down hill.

I know my 243cal M77 had different height rings.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The centerfires have the different height rings between the front to back.

The rings on the rimfires are the same height, front to back.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wow very nice rifle!! I have a savage .22 mag and love the gun and caliber. Post a range report if you can.

And again nice gun!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wulfgar said:
Nice Rifle. I am not trying to be a smart azz, but don't Ruger rings come with a slight height difference? The pic sorta looks like the shorter height ring is in the front and the scope is pointed down hill.

Must be an optical illusion............. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Wulfgar said:

Optical illusion. The edge of the stock is higher in front of the action (you can see the cutout in the bolt area). Your eyes look for a relation between the two most even lines in the picture... in this case, the stock and the scope tube. However, you probably overlooked the step (as I did at first) and thus because the edge of the wood is slightly higher as it gets near the end of the tube it makes the space between the two less... thus creating the illusion of the scope dipping downward. Your prior knowledge of this occurring on some Ruger rifles reinforced what you saw so you accepted it (as I would have too of I didn't question myself first).

The optical region of the occipital lobe of your brain made a simple boo-boo (blame your visual cortex), but critical thinking will fix it. :grin:

EDIT: DAMN school has made me into a nerd! :shock: :razz:

·
Registered
306 Posts
It is pretty, but I'm not sure it will shoot any better than the CZ, I love my 452 in 22LR.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys................
It may not shoot better than a CZ.....but..........I will give it a try.... :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts