AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get it engraved. :grin:

I think the public is nowhere near as anti-gun as we think. I asked a jewelry shop before this one, they said the earliest they could get me in was Monday... after I go back to school. So I went to another shop. At first, the answer was "I'm not touching it" because the lady didn't believe in guns. I calmly said that the fact is that she isn't supporting or downplaying guns by helping me or not helping me, she just does good engraving and I needed her service. Me owning guns is not changed by her helping or not helping me, the only difference is that one option gets her money. Her and the other engraver said "sure".

During the engraving, the guy asked if it was an AK-47 and then was asking if parts interchanged, etc. He sounded like he was from Eastern Europe... because I didn't want to scare the lady I said none of the parts interchanged and that it was a M-92, not an AK (technically the bolt will interchange with a regular AK rifle, but not much else, so it wasn't really a big lie).

After I got my important info engraved, and the firearm was free of the vice (M-92 Krink) the employees were handling it and looking it over, joking with it (playing soldier). I ended up having a good conversation with them and I think they are a little less against guns after talking with me. Plus, contrary to popular belief, walking in and out of the jewelry store with a rifle case doesn't get ANY looks... not even from patrons of the nearby ice cream/snow cone place.

Oh... the engraving looks great and this is finally done (at least mostly... I still need to get the old S and F welded over, and new detents cut, and the "U J R" added... and then blue it).

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exotic-Toys said:
looks great Q! I doubt I could get that to fly in Wisconsin. I'll just keep sending my engraving down to Inrange.

Heh... I went to the local gun guy and he said he could dremel engrave it or stamp it... but he didn't have a way to line up the stamps. He told me honestly "it won't be pretty". He and another guy there said "Go to a jewelry store". Sounded out there to me but he gave me some names so what the hell... I went.

By the way... the fake can was not removed until after I got it engraved, and I was there with the machine doing the engraving/pressing the buttons. I was actually the one doing the work as I put it in the machine and pressed all the buttons, but still I used their machine. Just saying that because I know someone will ask "Was the can gone BEFORE or AFTER the engraving" and also "Were they doing the work or did you do the work at their shop". So yes, to answer inquiring minds, it was all legal.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exotic-Toys said:
:lol: :lol: I wasn't going to bring it up cause I was sure you always play it safe. You have too much to lose Q. :wink:

Yeah... but hell, my avatar is of one of the most infamous criminals in history who shot a president... can't be too careful! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Just waiting till I can get some better pictures of this Krink... then I can change my avatar. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
12,276 Posts
I just dont trust your avatar :twisted:

nice krink by the way. I ended up taking mine to a company that does all kinds of engraving. I had to sit there for at least an hour, but the work was outstanding.

·
Registered
544 Posts
At the last few local gun shows I went to there were engravers right there at a booth.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
One of the things you can do to lessen the impact of a weapon in a public place like that is to simply strip it down as far as possible before bringing it in. I've had great results and felt a whole lot more comfortable bringing a rifle into a trophy shop that looked like a weird looking hunk of metal and a tube - no pistol grip, buttstock, handguards, cleaning rod, and FCG. No reason to advertise what you have and frighten observant sheeple.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
You know if I ever go into a jewlery shop with an AK I will also be leaving will all the jewlery as well...LOL...

Q..you got some balls...good job..

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Q

No diamond "bling" installed on it?! :grin:

Pretty cool Man! Sounds like you handled them well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I brought my mp5 clone into a jewlery shop to have it engraved too. I had to call around a little to find a place that would do it. The guy was really cool and asked tons of questions about it and NFA stuff. I don't think I came across as a gun nut or anything like that, just a "collector". I think most people, if given the chance to handle a gun get comfortable pretty quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts