AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little Dog is a little over 16 years old,he went deaf and lost his sight last year and now hes having alot of digestive problems.Out of respect for his many years of companionship we had hoped to be able to let him live out his remaining time and try to keep him as comfortable as possible and clean up his increasing number of accidents,but its come to the point where we just can't do it any longer.I'm pulling a 16 hour night shift tonight and it looks like I'll have one more dirty job to do when I get home tomorrow.Damn...........................

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
a damn hard thing to do..but everyone is better off in the long run..I'll raise my glass to that lil dog tonight

I put my first dog down years back..I was sad as hell..but knew it was the right thing to do

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Sorry to hear it John. Ive been in those shoes, and its not a task anybody wants to do. Its hard to do, but im sure it means a lot to the animal that youre there with them until the last breath. :sad:

·
Registered
551 Posts
yep, rough stuff, for cats or dogs. :sad:

I'm not in any way trying to be disrespectful, but what is the agreed upon best humane way to put them down? I used a .22lr :neutral:

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
MauserMark said:

I'm not in any way trying to be disrespectful, but what is the agreed upon best humane way to put them down? I used a .22lr :neutral:
Probably best to have them euthanized professionally. This is what I have done, and they are put to sleep before being actually put to rest.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SVT said:
MauserMark said:

Probably best to have them euthanized professionally. This is what I have done, and they are put to sleep before being actually put to rest.
Thats the plan,I've handle'd it myself in the past but I just don't have it in me to do it this time.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sorry to hear, it's a hard thing to do. I had to do it a couple years ago and I hate the thoughts of having to do my cat when the time comes. Hell I spent $2000 on intestine surgery when she was 6 months old........hate to think what it will be like!! :sad:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Damn...

That's sad news man....you know it's the right thing but very saddening nonetheless... :sad:

Bas

·
Registered
133 Posts
That really sucks. I feel closer to mine than most people I know.

Mike

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sorry, JOHN0.

My eyes are welling up with tears and it's not even my dog! I'll lift up a glass to you and your "buddy" tonight as well.

Regards,

Bud :sad:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
There you go! Throw that damn poem in here. I've got it tacked to the side of my desk from when Raven died. I can't bear to read it any more.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sorry to here this John. :sad:

It's better to have him euthanized. I made the mistake of putting down my Lab with a 45.
She died instantly, but it still hurts me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts