AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Navy advancement test results are out. Being the 4th time I took it and the numbers being shit everytime I took it I wasnt expecting much. Well this cycle came out and we where at 10.45% advanced, 91 AD2's (E5) where advanced to AD1(E6) throughout the whole Navy. I didnt lay much on it being that I didnt study this cycle.

I finished my shift like normal went to eat and when I was done eating breakfrast my LPO said 2 out of the 3 AD2's made AD1! fastforward a few hours and the names are "offically" out and I was one of them!!

E1-E6 in 9 years! (really 8 years and 11 months) This made the end of a crappy 3 week at sea period great! :beer: :beer:

· Registered
1,249 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
Navy advancement test results are out. Being the 4th time I took it and the numbers being shit everytime I took it I wasnt expecting much. Well this cycle came out and we where at 10.45% advanced, 91 AD2's (E5) where advanced to AD1(E6) throughout the whole Navy. I didnt lay much on it being that I didnt study this cycle.

I finished my shift like normal went to eat and when I was done eating breakfrast my LPO said 2 out of the 3 AD2's made AD1! fastforward a few hours and the names are "offically" out and I was one of them!!

E1-E6 in 9 years! (really 8 years and 11 months) This made the end of a crappy 3 week at sea period great! :beer: :beer:

Congrats, way to go, you should be able to go up for Chief before your third hash mark. :beer:

· Registered
1,284 Posts
congratulations. as you know, test score was only part of the advancement equation. if you plan on staying in, find out all you can about your microfiche record (do they still do that, where you can order yours to take a look?), and start grooming yourself for Chief. when you hear anything about a CPO selection board brief, be there or get ahold of the ppt from your Chief / CMC.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Congrats! :allright:

· Registered
8,792 Posts
Air Force just promoted almost 25% eligible to Msgt (E-7) That's pretty high.
Don't know jack about Navy promotions because I was an AF weenie but E-6 under 10 years seems pretty good in any branch.
Congrats...Now go have a beer on me. :grin:

· Registered
523 Posts
Good for you! :beer: from what I remember rank was not easy to come by in the Navy, I've told buddies of mine that were in the Navy or Marines that I made E-4 in 9 months in the Army...it took them years by comparison. I know some of the later volunteer Army guys were making E-4 right out of AIT. Luck used to play a part in some of it, being in the right place at the right time with the right MOS. Best of Luck to you...

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Congrats. Funny you mention boards...because I was just having a conversation with my neighbor and we both kind of agreed that officers should have a board. Now after O-3 (at least in the Army)...you get looked at pretty hard, but O-1 through O-3 are pretty much automatic right now. I'm seeing LT's that can't pass a damn PT Test, who should get flagged and tossed eventually, making Captain. The standards are a lot lower than they used to be in the Army. Sounds like the navy isn't the same though. Again congrats!

CMS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.