AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
I hear they are a PITA to fieldstrip and maintain. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
gabberjoost said:
What does 'MMG' mean?
M - "Non-functional true copy"
M - "Same weight as original"
G - "Dimentionaly correct"

Man, that thing (AN-94) got shit load of springs in it!

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
kk66 said:
gabberjoost said:
What does 'MMG' mean?
M - "Non-functional true copy"
M - "Same weight as original"
G - "Dimentionaly correct"

Man, that thing (AN-94) got shit load of springs in it!

And a frakking cable.....the Russians were wise not to adopt them. How many hundreds of thousands of AK-74 variants are still in service?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
that has got to be the ugliest rifle ever introduced.

if it looks like that now just imagine what the prototypes/proof of concept rifles looked like :neutral:

eta.... templer, time to stop watching the battle star dvds i want the new season to come out too but when the lexicon starts working its way into everyday conversation its a frelling problem.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It is a facinating weapon and a real example of aggressive design out of a military procurement organization. What would happen if the next iteration of the AR had a piston and a cable in it...the H&K 4416! In some ways it is too bad it was never widely adopted and really tested out. If there is someone who can make a gun with a lot of springs work I expect it to be the Russians, but no matter how much skill you have with the metallurgy there is much bigger challenge of getting troops not to lose the pieces when that puzzle comes apart. Very cool pics, thank you for posting them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What does the "frackkin' Cable" do?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
IronBalaclava said:
What does the "frackkin' Cable" do?
IIRC, I believe it has something to do with one-hole, 2-shot burst fire mode. :twisted:
Cool rifle but way too many parts to have AK-type reliability IMO.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looks like this rifle has several components that came from the AK. The bayonet, pistol grip, mag, mag release,...etc.

Am I correct, and why wouldn't they design parts specific to this rifle?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts