AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, question for you that have had experience with an AK that has an Ultimak. I purchased a Surefire Scout light (640DF) and installed. I am contemplating paying some exorbitant amount of money (again) to put a Surefire tape switch on there. But I have my doubts because I don't know if putting the rubber/plastic tape switch on top of, for all intents and purposes, a gas tube with a picatinny rail on top will survive. And no, I don't plan on putting 500 rounds thru it in 30 minutes. :sneaky:
Not my pics...

What you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
IMHO it will be too hot for any amount of sustained fire, I’m talking three or more mags. I’ve had two ultimaks and the heat is tremendous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am watching some videos right now of lights on the ultimak. Nobody is running a pressure switch. But there are a lot of guys saying the heat does not affect their red dots.

·
Registered
AKs, WASR22, XDS, CX4
65 Posts
How well would flashlights mounted on an Ultimak handle the heat?

Been curious of having an upper handguard rail mount area for flashlights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Should be fine since the light is on an offset mount and there is space between the light and ultimak.

·
Registered
AKs, WASR22, XDS, CX4
65 Posts
My setup on my Beretta CX4, with the top rail, is a IWC Thorntail mount with an Inforce WMLx IR light on it.

Would be interesting to try, but there are other projects to finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts