AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a WBP Polish Jack AK about a month or so ago.
Finally got a chance to shoot this Polish AK today. Ran Republic ammo through it. It ran great. But when I got home and broke it down to clean it, I noticed the gas piston rivet is moving side to side, in and out of each side. And the place where the rivet is located is now very sharp on both sides of the carrier. I can push one side and it will pop up on the other side just a little. But it does stick out above the bolt carrier. I’m quite disappointed in this rifle today.
Anyways, I sent Arms of America a message about this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.
Hand Outerwear Bag Luggage and bags Sleeve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hate to hear that, but keep us updated.

A lot of folks are jumping on these.
This AK has a U.S. piston for one of the compliance parts. So I’m guessing someone here in the US put it on and did the rivet job. I don’t know if Arms of America does it or if Atlantic Firearms does it as both companies are stamped on this rifle. Kind of confusing to me.
Whenever I hear what’s going to be done, I’ll post it here.
Wood Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper
Gadget Material property Font Publication Wood

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
reach out to Atlantic and see what they. take the floating pin and swap to a KNS adjustable piston or jb weld the pin or spot weld it. Sucks the quality team dropped the ball but can't remember an ak I have that didn't need some sort of tweeking to my liking

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoot it.... as long as it is stable (spread on both ends) and does not interfere with the gas tube block it won't go anywhere..... or you could simply peen it center each side. The threads take the recoil that just keeps it from rotating.
Arms of America sent me a return label so they are going to fix it. It’s actually scraping the inside of the rear sight tower/gas tube block? whatever that’s called. I’ll just let Arms Of America fix it for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Arms of America sent me a return label so they are going to fix it. It’s actually scraping the inside of the rear sight tower/gas tube block? whatever that’s called. I’ll just let Arms Of America fix it for me.
You could hit it a few times yourself and fix it...that's all they will do. 'Is AK, use hammer'... I can't see how that pin would hit your block as it is in a recessed / sloped area. If you have contact there it ain't that... and some contact on the block is not abnormal. As long as the piston is a bit loose...up down movement it will self adjust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could do it yourself but having them fix it is the right thing to do. You spent money for it to be right, let them make it right. Let us know how things go....

It's a pretty rifle btw!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You could do it yourself but having them fix it is the right thing to do. You spent money for it to be right, let them make it right. Let us know how things go....

It's a pretty rifle btw!
Yeah I get that but this is such a simple deal...whack/whack...done. I don't like shipping my rifles and that is hassle always...it if was something serious yes, this...no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would do that myself as well... but some folks aren't as adventurous, plus, if he boogered it up he might have a hard time getting them to fix it. I don't see any reason why the whole rifle would have to be sent back... just the carrier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All I have to do is ship back the bolt carrier. They sent me a return shipping label and I put the carrier in a box and took it down to a shipping place close to my house that I use all the time. It’s done and on the way to AoA.
I don’t really know how these pistons are put on with these rivets. It doesn’t look to have much metal left to peen. The edges are thin and sharp. To me, it looks like it needs to be redone but I could be wrong. Now with that said, it probably could be done but like @Gillan2.0 said, it’s brand new and I would like it done right, hopefully. I’ve never attached a Piston to the carrier. But I do appreciate the comments about how to do this procedure. Thank you!
I’ll let you all know when I get it back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem,Seems like everything you buy now a days ya gotta work on it.Sig Sauer is the worst.Anyway I just checked my carrier and the rivet is tight.also mine doesn't have USA stamped on it.Where did you get that nice sling? And thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your problem,Seems like everything you buy now a days ya gotta work on it.Sig Sauer is the worst.Anyway I just checked my carrier and the rivet is tight.also mine doesn't have USA stamped on it.Where did you get that nice sling? And thanks for the heads up.
Thank you! I’m surprised your piston doesn’t have U.S.A. stamped on it as that’s one of the US parts for this AK. Maybe they just missed the stamp on yours. The bolt carrier is Polish though.
I bought the Polish sling and I bought a Polish cleaning kit from APEX.
Cleaning Kit-

The sling looks to be out of stock. I ordered a Polish sling in excellent condition and it looks brand new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts