AK Rifles banner

WBP Jack optic mount

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jonm78 
#1 ·
Can anyone suggest the correct side mount for a red dot for this particular rifle. I have a cheap generic mount that fits on all my other AK's very nicely, but this WBP Jack it won't center over the dust cover. I have no problem buying a good quality mount, I just want to make sure it fits before I spend my money. I will be using a Holosun 503c optic on this rifle.

#2 ·
Ok after some research I have found I'm going to need an RS regulate mount for this rifle as it gives some adjustment over the dust cover. These WBP Jack rifle use a mounting plate that is thicker than any of my other AK's, causing it to stick out just slightly more and not align over the top of the rifle. Locating RS regulator parts is challenging as it's sold out everywhere, but I did eventually find a source and problem solved.

#3 ·
Can you post some pics?
It could be made the same as original side mounts are made with a plate attached to the receiver and then a rail.
Are you sure that mount was installed by WBP or it could be added by US seller?

#6 ·
IMHO this rail was added later.
At least in 2011 WBP made it with a 5 mm plate between rail and receiver.

#11 ·
This I have been searching for months, I gave up on buying their shit when they are always out of stock. Even before the pandemic their stuff is never in stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.