AK Rifles banner

Way off topic.....Spider guys, help me out!

2K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  M4arc 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
SwannyJ said:
Looks like it could make your leg rot off, but it's harmless.
Thanks. It DOES look like something that I sure as hell wouldn't want to get bit by, but after just reading up a little on them, no worries.

I have to fight black widow spiders several times a week at my job, makes me a little jumpy.

I know that around my area I really only have to watch out for Brown Recluse spiders and Black Widows, but still........ :cool:

#7 ·
Seeing that spider for the first time is a sight for sure... I lived with my grandparents throughout most of my childhood and they were all around our fields. When I was about 10 I was hiking through a waist high field and walked right through a web... had the spider hanging on to my crotch... took my knife out and safety flicked the spider off without hurting it... when I first looked down... :shock: even knowing what type of spider it was.

Those Recluse and Widow spiders SUCK... they aren't very common around here. They can be sneaky SOB's. Having to work around either would make me jumpy too!

#8 ·
Kenelm52 said:
When I was about 10 I was hiking through a waist high field and walked right through a web... had the spider hanging on to my crotch... took my knife out and safety flicked the spider off without hurting it... when I first looked down... :shock: even knowing what type of spider it was.
...that's one of the few times in life where screaming like a little girl is excusable...ANY kind of spider clinging onto one's crotch is a :shock: moment...

but to use a *knife* to flick it away??!

#9 ·
10Gauge said:
Kenelm52 said:
When I was about 10 I was hiking through a waist high field and walked right through a web... had the spider hanging on to my crotch... took my knife out and safety flicked the spider off without hurting it... when I first looked down... :shock: even knowing what type of spider it was.
...that's one of the few times in life where screaming like a little girl is excusable...ANY kind of spider clinging onto one's crotch is a :shock: moment...

:grin:

Hey, what's wrong with that?! Doesn't make me sound :gay:, does it?

At the time, I wasn't too keen on picking the spider up with my hand... and my knife was all I had on me... :cool: :oops:

#11 ·
If i opened my door and saw that i know EXACTLY what kind of spider it would ...DEAD!!
Hate those damn things-been shot once-stabbed twice and that pic bothers me more.
Creepy friggin things.Have and damn black and orange monster run up your leg when your about 11 or so when your fishing--i didnt flick a damn thing i jumped in the river.

#13 ·
Kenelm52 said:
10Gauge said:
Kenelm52 said:

:grin:

Hey, what's wrong with that?! Doesn't make me sound :gay:, does it?

At the time, I wasn't too keen on picking the spider up with my hand... and my knife was all I had on me... :cool: :oops:
Knife + groin proximity = :shock: :eek: :confused:

just sayin'

#19 ·
Those are great spider to have around the outside of a house. They kill other little pesky insects. The great thing about them is that they stay outside. I have never seen them inside a house unless transported into the house by a human. If they do bite, they are harmless. Many professional gardeners would love to have that spider in their garden. As Guy Fawkes said, most people in GA call them writing spiders: http://greennature.com/gallery/spider-p ... erets.html .
As Kenelm52 said, they are Argiope spiders, but it is easier for me to say writing spider. I knew an old lady that would talk to the one she had in her bushes.

#21 ·
OKAY....now im concerned hhmmm love of hideous spider owns an AK, gun fan hmmm its all coming together now the spiders are controlling it all.

Lol----sorry boy and girls--id have an aerosal can in one hand and a lighter in the other..WOOOOF
Would you like your spider original or extra krispy.....

Damn thing gone yet

:peep:

#23 ·
Garden spider. They are cool. Just don't walk through the web and get it hung on your face. They get pissy . :twisted: Honestly. leave it be . WarDawg

#25 ·
those spiders are pretty cool to watch--if you move close enough to the web they start shaking it to intimidate you. as long as they're not in a door or opened window--I normally leave em alone--I could watch them for hours

I'm not as thrilled with the brown widow eggs sacks I found hanging over my garage door and in other nooks and crannies on the outside of the house :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.