AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a decent looking short term water storage system when you have time to prepare for a disruption of your municipal water supply, like a hurricane is coming, or a flood may contaminate your treatment plant. If you have time to fill containers, here is one that will hold a lot in what I think is a practical way. I like that it takes up almost no space when not in use. I think I am going to order one. I'll let you know what I think of the product when I get it. I wish they would tell you how thick the plastic is. Does anyone already have one of these?

https://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do

I found this when googling for bladders when I was trying to come up with a good way to increase my water storage capacity without taking up space.

joedog

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read about those on the glock S&P forum awhile back. One guy had some and he liked it alot.

If ya got the time to fill it, it does make sense.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Quite preferable to using garbage bags to line the tub with, and surprisingly inexpensive. I fully expected it to be 2x that price. Thanks for the link ! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21,887 Posts
pretty cool but can it be used outside of a tub?

Say you wanted to store 200 gal. or more but you only have one tub but you have a basement.. does it need the tub to support it? I can only imagine what a 100 gallon water balloon would do if it decided to 'splode on ya..

·
Super Moderator
25,851 Posts
If your water is cut off, don"t most hot water heaters hold some water?

·
Registered
552 Posts
JoeMomma said:
Yeah, some people forget that they have 30-40 gallons of emergency water in their water heaters. Unless, of course you have one them new fandangled tankless ones. :lol:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Don't forget the water in the toilet tanks, its clean. Makes a pot coffee or two.

We bring buckets of pond water indoors so's we can still flush. (No more lett'in it mellow for US!)

This is what we do in those sometimes long power outages in winter. It works.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Good question, 10Gauge; was wondering that myself. I have seen an ad somewhere that sold giant bladders for h2o emergency storage: they were big and square and tough enough to stack. Made for storing flat on the floor, about 3' or 4' square x 8" r so tall. Wish I could remember where I saw them.

Also need some more reusable gel-type "sandbags"; Ivan and Katrina wimped mine out.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
99% of all bodyshop's now use a liquid masking agent "slime" Its just a thick liquid soap. It comes in a 20 gallon plastic tank with a handle and a twist open spicket and a large fill lid. They work great for camping water , watering fruit trees, spray tanks. ect. Most shop would give you as many as you wanted for free just to haul them off. They are easy to clean out its just soap.

Im making a sprayer out of one now, and I keep one for waste oil.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10Gauge said:

Say you wanted to store 200 gal. or more but you only have one tub but you have a basement.. does it need the tub to support it? I can only imagine what a 100 gallon water balloon would do if it decided to 'splode on ya..
That's one of two reasons why I like it. In your tub, it gets support and you don't have to worry about ruining your floors if it comes apart. The other reason a bladder is attractive is when not in use, it's a lot easier to store than a barrel. And, yes, you can buy ones that don't need the tub for support if you need more capacity. Just google on "water bladders" and you will see lots of them, all the way up to capacities in the tens of thousands of gallons.

joedog

·
Registered
328 Posts
JoeMomma said:
People forget about that all the time. Do yourselves a favor and drain that thing at least once every 6 months guys..you wouldnt believe the crap that builds up in your hot water heater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts