AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, wanted to get someone else's input before I try to really start trouble shooting the problem. I picked up an older import wasr10 cugir from a gun store for a super crazy deal last week. I made sure that everything was straight on the rifle and wear patterns were normal and everything checked out. I took it out to the range and then something weird happened... every magazine (regardless of the mag I used) would cause a failure to feed on the last round of the magazine and the last round only. It is 100% reliable except for on that last round. Been thinking it through and don't have a definitive answer on what it might be and it's confusing to me that this only occurs on the last round in the mag. Any info would help! thanks

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I'd pop off the top cover, pull out the operating spring, load a single round in a mag, and see what happens when you manually move the bolt into battery. Sounds more like the mag might not be resting in the right position.

Better to do this with a dummy round if you have one, otherwise be very very very careful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright so I just did what you suggested and whats happening is the tip of the bullet is coming into contact with the front trunnion just below the chamber. the bullet is hitting just below where the guide is to go into the chamber. If I pull on the magazine while I charge the rifle it goes into battery just fine. I'm thinking it's a magazine release problem and there is too much wobble front to back. Here's a video I found on youtube, the same thing is happening to mine.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If pulling on the magazine makes it work then yeah, the magazine is sitting too low. You could try adding some material to the mag catch or replacing the mag catch with a different one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts