AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn on this one. Ideally I have always wanted a numbers matching rommy underfolder with the reverse dong build, but those just seem unobtainable.

So I see this deal at centerfire for a rommy underfolder parts kit, not numbers matching, with a rommy G front end. My guess is lockup on the underfolder is not great. I would have to spend big bucks to have it built and when all done it wouldn't be worth whats in it.

So that leads me to the WASR underfolder. How is the lock-up on these? My polish underfolder has zero slop I mean none. I could thread it 1/2x28 and instal a brake. Basically it seems like a nice gun just doesn't have dimples. Do they realize that dimpleless costs them a lot of sales.

What would you do?

· Registered
86 Posts
I was in the same boat. I wanted a Md. 65 but didn't want to buy a kit, a Romanian underfolder receiver (which are getting hard to find themselves) and pay to have it built. I decided to buy a WASR 10 UF and make a clone instead. I got a wasr 10 uf built on a matching 1968 kit at an gun show. The wasr shot great but was a little rough around the edges. It had to go back to century arms due to a worn mag catch that allowed steel mags to sit to low. They fixed it quick and it now runs like a scalded dog. I added a reverse dong and a romy grip and us made muzzle nut from copes to finish her out. Total investment is about $475. The only thing lacking is the dimples and the fun switch, both of which I can do without

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

· Registered
370 Posts
Find a build party in your area and get the flat from curtis at AK Builder with the top rails bent and stepped down. For the price of an NDS you can have all the tools to build your own receivers.....Something to think about. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.