AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, gang!

I recently picked up a used WASR for a pretty good price and am thinking about having it rebuilt on a new receiver as an underfolder. I'm not looking for a 100% authentic clone but I'd like to get it more or less correct.

Does anybody know if this stock, available from Centerfire, is like the one pictured?

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/STKUF.aspx

TIA!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would Centerfire be shipping Yugo stocks by chance?

Anybody know a source for maybe a Polish stock?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
USBP379 said:
Would Centerfire be shipping Yugo stocks by chance?

Anybody know a source for maybe a Polish stock?
I have seen no vendors selling polish ones. Seems like your best bet on a polish would be to watch the boards as the pop up quiet frequently. I know you probably don't want to throw down the coin for K-VAR bugly UF set..especially since they don't sell the UF trunnion block.

..word has is copes will be selling Bulgy UF stocks soon...could be a good price..

another idea would be to check with member Shifty. He is from Poland and can get some good parts.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brownstown said:
I know you probably don't want to throw down the coin for K-VAR bugly UF set..especially since they don't sell the UF trunnion block.
I think James Dunst has some Polish trunnion blocks for sale. With the stock from K-Var, I'd be into the whole assembly for about $140 minus shipping. That's a little more than I'd like to spend but, if push comes to shove, I'll go that route.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The Bulgarian stocks sold by Centerfire and Copes are wrong for a Russian AKMS clone. I would try to find either a Polish or Hungarian AKMS folding stock, those would be more correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts