AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new WASR that is having failure to feed problems. When a round is chambered, the charging handle is sticking about 7/8" short of fully closed. I can't force it the rest of the way. With no round, the handle goes fully forward. I thought that maybe the bolt was hanging in the handle, so I polished everything and rubbed out any places that looked rough. No luck...still hangs. Any ideas???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The extractor looks OK, but I was thinking about taking the bolt apart anyway. Could a dirty bolt cause this kind of problem?

The problem occurs with or without a mag in place. I can hand feed one round with no mag, and I still have problems.

I don't have any gauges.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is this a new or used gun? Have you shot it before with or without any problems? I would check for a stuck/broken shell casing in the chamber as I have heard that this may cause similar problems if the back of the casing was ripped off during extraction and no one noticed...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand new, never fired.

It appears that the bolt is locking when it contacts the cartridge, and is not allowing the handle to continue forward. I can't figure out why this only occurs when there is a round in the chamber.

I swapped the bolt and handle from another WASR onto this one..and I still had problems. I'm starting to think the problem lies in the receiver. If I can't get it working, then I think I'll send it back and get another one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with my dealer about the problem today. He told me he had similar problems with a few other WASR's lately, and that he too suspects a receiver problem. I'm sending the rifle back for replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts