AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I notice a couple of places are selling WASR 3's very inexpensively (just over $300---notice I don't use the word cheaply). Any experience with these? Are they as reliable as their brothers in the other calibers? I know this has probably been discussed before but I can't find it anywhere... :cool:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think I may be retarded :goof: , If your talking about the WASR 3 in .223 I have no Idea, But the WASR 2 in 5.45x39 then read below. I saw the pic and I dont know, just started typing about the WASR 2. :neutral: :goof: Its the mag, doesnt look .223.

The WASR-2 is hit or miss. Some guys get a great one right out of the box and some guys get a total piece of shit right out of the box.

For the money I guess its not that bad of a gun.

I had 2, sold both, one was NIB and the other fired with out missing a beat-BUT it had some mag issues, issues as in not every mag would fit in the mag well, so I had to slightly modify some of my circle 10s to fit to function , but they were still VERY tight.

So if you were looking to reload in a hurry, you would be SCREWED!!

Still, I wish I never sold them, Im still looking for another. Like I said Its a WASR so its hit or miss. Maybe youll get lucky and get a good one.

Like I said Im a liitel off today.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...saw a new one at the George R. Brown fun show today for $289...that's even less than the internet prices I've seen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I'm getting the impression that they might be a bit unreliable?.... :smile:

Thats a pretty bad rap so far.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I tried two of them. Both junk.......Sold them as soon as I could!!! Get a Saiga in .223........... :eek:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have a Wasr-3, had to send it back to Century since it didn't function when I got it. They did fix it, and I got in back in under 2-3 weeks. Has worked fine since I got it back.

I paid 289 for it when I got it, a buddy with an FFL only charged me 10 bucks to order and transfer it and everything.

I'd buy it again, for the same price, but if I had a chance at an SAR-3 for the same price, I'd happily take the SAR-3.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Save up and get a rifle thats not a 50/50 chance of it working or having to send it back. Ive had and seen nothing but problems with all WASRs. I pretty much gave mine away just to get rid of it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nuff said...I have a WASR10, and it's been a great rifle. Accurate enough and very reliable over a couple of thousand rounds, but in this case sounds like lots of bad historical precedent. Thanks for the inputs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
me too

I ordered two. Neither worked, I sent them back to the wholesaler. Both replacements work flawless. It seems like they do make good rifles, getting one is the problem. If you can wait, and don't mind messing around get one. Better yet, get two.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i don't own one anymore, but with the price of kits. and if you don't mind a little tinkering to get it to run, fix canted sight and gas blocks then i would say it's hard to beat a wasr. as stated above i would get the wasr2 to take advantage of the cheap ammo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts