AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone new here. but Came for the wonderful forums! (and an actual forum dedicated to the super cool wasr 22)!

Anyways I bought mine in like 2008 or 2009 (cant remember which) and have only fired it probably 2 times maybe 3.. at most 150 rounds through it. It worked pretty well with not too much jamming or issues (beyond crappy 22 ammo issues). II was taking it apart to look it over last night, and I noticed that even in that small amount of time, my hammer has a small circular 'indention' forming. After looking at the bolt carrier, I noticed that the firing pin is free floating, and when fully forward (rifle pointed at the floor) the back of it is slightly sticking out of the carrier so when the hammer strikes it, it never really touches the bolt carrier, just the firing pin.

IS this normal? I'm feeling like I should take it out and grind off a MM or two so it is flat with the carrier. Bad idea? I notice blackdog doesnt really seem to carry the firing pins/bolts or parts anymore, so I dont want to screw it up.

Any advice is appreciated!
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Photograph White Green Wood Line

Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
No, indentation would not be a problem of length, it would be a problem of hardness. As an engineering buddy of mine explained it, when it comes to metal or any material for that matter, wear is not avoidable. One material either wins over the other, or equal materials wear the same and only more slowly if hardened.

Registered
As others have said, the softer hammer is just wearing into the harder firing pin. Eventually it might have a dimple equal to the height of the firing pin. If you cut the pin down any you might find out that the hammer is no longer exerting enough energy on the pin causing rounds not to fire.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was worried about that possibility which is why i didnt do it. Although you'd think with it fully forward it should be a good deal deep into the casing but I just wasn't sure and wanted to ask others who may or may not have experience with it.

I was going to purchase some Romanian semi auto trigger groups for my SARs (to eliminate trigger slap) I'm assuming one of those sets would drop into the wasr22 just fine and maybe not peen? or?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts