AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just snagged a wasr 2 ak74 on gunbroker and I have noticed that the magazine sits crooked in the magwell. Is this fixable or did the drunken angry beaver from century destroy this rifles life. It feeds and extracts by hand just fine I can't really do a live fire test as Im in az and we have fire restrictions for the summer that prohibits bimetallic jackets. So far to get mags to fit I have to hand fit them. I know tapco pmag and bulgy mags will not fit. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I see a promag brand magazine - possibly the worst US-made mag manufacturer. which could have buggered rear locking lug check with a different but quality mag: tapco, SGM, magpul or any euro surplus mag

take some pics of the magazine latch. it's possible that mag latch pin was drilled on the angle so now mag is getting locked in on the angle too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see a promag brand magazine - possibly the worst US-made mag manufacturer. which could have buggered rear locking lug check with a different but quality mag: tapco, SGM, magpul or any euro surplus mag

take some pics of the magazine latch. it's possible that mag latch pin was drilled on the angle so now mag is getting locked in on the angle too.
Hi tapco pmag and Bulgarian will not fit in I took it lee armory to confirm what I already knew the magwell was not cut straight by century with their demel tool. The smith there said no problem he will fix it on his CNC for a fair price.
20210720_185355.jpg

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
it looks like single stack conversion at home. i don't think even century will cut magwell this bad at least they have machines in their shop. this looks like it was made with a cutting disc.
also unrelated note - those receiver bends look a little too round to be in-spec. not that it matters just an observation.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can’t agree with you Scotty , that’s pure Bubba right there , not even drunk monkeys are that bad.

·
Technical Advisor
16,189 Posts
Agreed., home hack on cutting out a single stack magwell.

A bit of file and careful rotary tool could make it more functional and less of a hack.

Might not be perfect based on the initial work., but much improved.

·
Technical Advisor
16,189 Posts
CNC is overkill for that clean up.
But whatever suits you and your shop and tool skills.

Hope it turns out well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts