AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to AK's, and just purchased a WASR 10. I noticed after cleaning it is missing a hunk of metal. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? My local gunsmith said that they (Century Arms) probably just did it by accident during the milling process. Any experiences/advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'm no pro, so maybe someone else can come along and give better advice, but I wouldn't shoot that with the damage being so close to the locking lug on the trunnion.
What's it look like from the bottom?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Welcome to the group!

That is right where the bolt locks up and if I were you I would call Century and you might email them that picture and one from the bottom after talking to one of their reps. That should never have left the building. I would be afraid to shoot that.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would send that shit back to demand a replacement. Just friendly reminder to all the new folks getting into firearms to ALWAYS do a full inspection. Heck if I was getting non factory used AK I would go so far as to take headspace gauges with you. I can just Imagine some shady sellers sweating from that.
And never buy some bubbas homebuild off the internet.

Reactions: Hunter1

·
Registered
142 Posts
Was that purchased new from Century?
Looks like you need a new AK and sounds like you need to find a new gunsmith.
Never seen a WASR leave the factory that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts