AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does Washington rank among pro vs con gun laws? Good? Bad? plus's and minus's?

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
By way of NFA ownership, it's not good, if that matters to you. You can only own a AOW or a large bore DD. Supressors can be legally own, but you can't put it on a gun, go figure that one out :roll:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Do you know the RCW number that says you can't put the supressor on the gun? Reason I ask is that there is a guy at the gun club I go to sometimes that has one, and uses it frequently at the range. According to him he was unable to find such a law on the books when he legally bought his.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
it's under RCW 9.41.250(1)(c) it say that you cant shoot out of one, apparently I misspoke about installing one, as you can screw one on, you just can't shoot through it.

Now, there was a bill introduced by State Sen. Hardgrove to admend that law in 2005, under SB 5167, but that didn't fly

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdo ... s/5167.pdf

BTW Wa. state isn't the only one that has a stupid gun law that make no sense. In Ohio, a MG is defined as not only able to fire more then one round with a single pull of the trigger, we all know that is also Federal law as well. But here is the kicker, if you insert a magazine that has 31 rounds or more into a semi-auto, except for .22 rounds, that is consider a MG as well. :jerkoff:. go figure that one out

luckily that is the only stupid law that I could I find, there isn't any NFA restriction, no mag restriction, no class of weapons restriction or ban, the Gov. signed a "castle law" right fast, recently, and he is Democrat. the ohio SC court ruled here recently that cities can't make tougher gun laws then what the state has, boy that pissed off a lot of the major welfare cities like cleveland, columbus, toledo etc..., and we have CCW . :mrgreen:

so I have to say, compared to Wa. state, Ohio is far more gun friendly

The other thing that I heard about Wa. state, but havent reseached, is that the mere possesion of any FA parts, ie, FCG, amounts to owning a MG, regardless if you don't own the firearm it goes to. maybe someone else can clear that up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts