AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you didn't have any issues fitting the gas tube? Just wondering since it looks like I might have to file a little off the edge to get the tube to rotate over.

Yes the hgs are from Vladimer.

· Registered
46 Posts
The upper handguard has the gas tube already installed on the RGuns kit, so no he wouldn't have had any issues.

FWIW it doesn't look like the grooved ledge area on the HG that the gas tube's retaining caps slide around is really warped compared to the outer side edges of your handguards. I'd think you'd be ok.

A little oil on the HG and the tube in a vise and it'll rotate around. The wood does flex some.

· Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotcha...yeah it doesn't look like edge on the hg is warped outwards.

I'm going to lube it up :goof: 2nite and get it fitted.

The lower is going to be a perfect fit, but will have to trim a little bit of wood to fit it into the receiver.

· Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I've been there :D

the top hg was a pain to get on the gas tube, but it's good to go now.

The finish around the rear is a little rough but overall a good fit and I'm happy.

Wish my camera wasn't so shitty, the deep red HG's and Rusky pistol grip looks great!

· Registered
308 Posts
You can touch up the areas on the handguards you had to trim to get them to fit (the bare wood spots) with a little stain or a maroon sharpie (from Staples) if you want. It will hide all of the bare wood spots. The handguards look pretty good and are GTG and look just fine the way they are. :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.