AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I hurt my knee about a year ago .Running some cross county stuff. ( I think ) . I tore the cartlidge in my left knee. I didn't know it , but just thought it was a sprain. Im takeing MMA ( Karate and starting Grappling) and man has it flared up. I went under the laser/ knife yesterday. Got my knee scoped. Im hurting and sore. But them pain pills are good.. LOL... I have went and fondled every rifle I own. Cycled them and checked them over. I have a SSR 85B that needs InRange treatment pretty dern bad. The rivet job is horrible. Im ashamed at the piss poor job Global done on this rifle. I had it for several years now. I didn't want to send it back to the 10 year old with the rivet squeezers. It's nice rifle though. It is a Polish kit built on a ( Hungarian ) FEG reciever. Im spending some damn money sitting on my butt. Kvar just got a $204 order from me.... Cheers WarDawg :neutral:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Wait till you get my age,you wake up and start remembering why certain parts either are'nt working right or hurt like hell! Good Luck WD!

·
Registered
368 Posts
JOHNO said:
Wait till you get my age,you wake up and start remembering why certain parts either are'nt working right or hurt like hell! Good Luck WD!

Thats good advice sonny.......I wake up in the morning and open my eyes real slow...dont want any surprises :grin:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Im not that old but not that young either.( :twisted: 38 :twisted: ) We was being taught some Judo throws and rolls and let me tell you .... The next day I thought someone had beat me with a baseball bat. I don't remember being this sore in the youger days. :neutral: WarDawg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dawg; this just isn't your day for discussing anything to do with age, is it.
Hpoe the knee mends nicely; at 57, mine hurt most of the time.

·
Registered
368 Posts
WarDawg said:
Well Im not that old but not that young either.( :twisted: 38 :twisted: ) We was being taught some Judo throws and rolls and let me tell you .... The next day I thought someone had beat me with a baseball bat. I don't remember being this sore in the youger days. :neutral: WarDawg
LOL...my son is 33 and into Brazillian jui jitsu big time. He gets some of the worst scrapes and bruises I ever seen...it dont bother him LOL. But hes been doing martial arts since he was about 8 years old. He's a tuff guy, quiet type....the worst kind LOL.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
OldTroop said:
WarDawg said:
LOL...my son is 33 and into Brazillian jui jitsu big time. He gets some of the worst scrapes and bruises I ever seen...it dont bother him LOL. But hes been doing martial arts since he was about 8 years old. He's a tuff guy, quiet type....the worst kind LOL.
Person 1: "Hey man you look like a douche"

OldTroops son: HAYAAAAAA

*window breaks, car alarm goes off 4 stories down*

Person 2: "Wow, glad I didn't say anything to him"

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dredd223 said:
Dawg; this just isn't your day for discussing anything to do with age, is it.
Hpoe the knee mends nicely; at 57, mine hurt most of the time.
Thanks...... Yeah bad day for age discussion LOL....I guess you seen... :wink:

While nothing to do with this post ... My father died of Cancer at age 57. Any time someone tells me they are 57 it brings back fond memories.... Cheers WarDawg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OldTroop said:
WarDawg said:
The BJJ is some tough Martcial Arts. . I love to exercise but been side lined for nearly a year because of the cartlidge tear in my knee. I kepted doing stuff like Mixed martcial arts and jogging. Stuborn fool I am. The pain got to intense and I finally went to a doc and got a MRI done. The tear showed up. Good news is he said the operation should put me back at 99.9% and I can resume my getting my ass kicked on the mat by the young guys. :twisted: Martcisl Arts is really fun and I like the disapline thats goes along with it. I got my son into now also. He does it with me. Cheers WarDawg. Time for another pain pill :hail: .. LOL.. WD

·
Registered
368 Posts
LOL...a couple of my sons instructors are ring fighters (octagon) pretty bad dudes but the martial arts discipline most are really nice guys and easy going...just dont piss them off LOL. Dont do anything dumb untill your fully healed. Yeah I know sometimes you cant help yourself LOL :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
JOHNO said:
+1!

What I used to do all night, now takes me all night to do! :wink:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
WarDawg said:

[indianajones]It's not the years baby, it's the mileage...[/indianajones]

I'm with you man, when I was younger I tore the muscles that keep the knee caps in place.......my fucking knees kill me now.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
WarDawg said:
I went under the laser/ knife yesterday. Got my knee scoped. Im hurting and sore. But them pain pills are good.

Cheers WarDawg :neutral:

Welcome to the club. :goof:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
WarDawg said:
I hear ya bro! Getting old sucks. A couple of weeks ago I was partnered up with one of our young bucks. We had a commercial structure fire. I knew he wanted to get a lot of pack time. I kept volunteering us. It kicked my ass! I wound up going to the ER to get checked out. Spent a few hours there getting IV fluids and some oxygen. 5 years ago that would have been just a fun day.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
just one knee??!?! why, when i was your age...

wait until you start worrying about the prostate...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts