AK Rifles banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I also spot a naughty sticker too;). Anyone knows where you can get a few? Need some for a future Yugo rifle...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is a handguard I just received from APEX.
Interesting carvings, those are villages around Šibenik town on Adriatic coast today’s Croatia
It’s hard to say if the rifle belonged to croatian ZNG (ustaša), Serbian rebel or regular JNA soldier?
Žirje 15.IX.1991. might be still under JNA control
while Bribirske Mostine, Ićevo, Lišane etc has been under local Serbians with help of JNA.
Velika Glava was front line with heavy fighting almost daily and Dubravice was under croatian control also front line. At that time JNA was trying to stay out of trouble position themselves between croats and Serbs but it didn’t worked out...

·
Banned
565 Posts
This thread should be good!
It would be a lot better if that garbage company Photobucket hadn't destroyed it.

"We still have plenty of room on our servers to store all your photos, we'll just make them all blurry until you pay us the ransom money we demand. Do we care that what we did amounts to the digital burning of The Library of Alexandria? No. No we do not."

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
I really wish everyone that’s posted here would come back and edit or repost their photos.
Good idea, I'll start:
Yugo Field Jacket.jpg
Need to go out with this one again and re-zero, but this is the initial target:
100M BZO 2.jpg
I have since upgraded my handguards on this rifle to something much cooler. Somebody translated it, but I can't find it right now. I believe it was a date and a name of a sweetheart:
Yugo Trench Art Handguards.jpg

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Wish I knew more about this one, not exactly Yugo but from the area. I found a couple origins of the name Sava(cyrillic A at end). There’s the river Sava which runs through the balkans, Sava is also a popular slavic boys name and there’s a Saint Sava from Serbia as well...sava means “old man”. On the follower is the name Karina which is another popular slavic name and means “pure”. Have heard both names can have russian origins as well so idk.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
My all matching original barrel 1987 M72B1 kit. Obtained in 2014.

Not "yugo" but one of my favorites. Purchased from saigaman972. I plan to install it on one of my Sadu kits. I believe it means "The Road to Freedom for Croatia.

These are not carved, but back when Apex sold Balkan wood for cheap these arrived in one of my shipments. Mid-1990's blonde Romanian laminate with evidence of field use. Quite rare here.

Bought this one on another forum. Armija BiH is Bosnia Army.

In country.

Saw this recently

·
Registered
257 Posts
My all matching original barrel 1987 M72B1 kit. Obtained in 2014.

Saw this recently

Great to see this thread revived, great pics guys. Nice kit, any plans to build her up? I've been trying to find a unique Yugo RPK kit and lost out on a heartbreaker over the holidays; was at work and missed the auction and forgot to add my bid. Where did you see that last one? Very cool!

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Great to see this thread revived, great pics guys. Nice kit, any plans to build her up? I've been trying to find a unique Yugo RPK kit and lost out on a heartbreaker over the holidays; was at work and missed the auction and forgot to add my bid. Where did you see that last one? Very cool!
On the M72B1 I need to find my Enfield armorer funnel and pour boiling water down the bore to get it clean and better evaluate it. I have an NDS-9 - which is a very good choice for a Yugo - for it but need to get experienced at changing center support rivets - for cosmetic reasons. Nodak CS rivet is cosmetically wrong for everything.

Here is the M53 stock. I've always wanted to weld up a dummy - but I want a lot of things.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861518508

Reactions: Turbo
221 - 240 of 257 Posts