AK Rifles banner
201 - 220 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
HAHAHA that's hilarious! Fuckin Beverly Hills 90210! That's great! I wish I could find a cool set of trench art handguards for my Yugo UF but they seem damn near impossible to find! I would settle for some that are just beat up looking. These just look to plain Jane.
What kind of receiver is that?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
HAHAHA that's hilarious! Fuckin Beverly Hills 90210! That's great! I wish I could find a cool set of trench art handguards for my Yugo UF but they seem damn near impossible to find! I would settle for some that are just beat up looking. These just look to plain Jane.
Look at AK Options - they have them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Avich, Mile. Last name, first name.

Outstanding! Thank you jrsuds.

Mile- I found your Rifle.
Someone cut it up and sent it to America (I know right?). It looks pretty beat up but it still cycles great, so thank you for preforming basic maintenance. I will take out and field test it next week. While I am on the subject: Can you tell me what happened to your bolt carrier? Everything matches but that. Let me know if you are still holding on to that bad boy as I would love to make this thing completely matching. :p

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Was doing a little re-aranging in one of my safes today and came across this, don't think I've shared this piece of trench art before. LHG on a m70 ab2.
IMG_20180422_174141761.jpg

·
Technical Advisor
16,189 Posts
That is a nice one. ^^^

I used to actively collect the trench art stock pieces. Eventually thinned it out and sold off a god bit of it.
A fun part of the hobby and stillbuy one if priced right or get lucky in a purchase and get a piece of trench art in a kit etc.

Other random stuff I have not posted here as I recall>>

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I love me sum trench art. I have a bit of WWI stuff and couple other things but no AK trench art.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice Scorpion, that was from the Шкорпиони unit. FYI, I have one set with a small Serb cross and initial carved but am looking for more Serb art.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Hm, neat, makes it a kind of storied piece, thanks for the info.

Reactions: Turbo

·
Banned
547 Posts
Nice Scorpion, that was from the Шкорпиони unit. FYI, I have one set with a small Serb cross and initial carved but am looking for more Serb art.
This is funny! I also draw some native-american signs when I was bored on my hat during the war so does that makes me some Indian Sioux? Even if Scorpions unit exsisted there were no more than 100 men so chance that they were carving scorpions on their rifles and that some of their rifles came to US is very not likely.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is funny! I also draw some native-american signs when I was bored on my hat during the war so does that makes me some Indian Sioux? Even if Scorpions unit exsisted there were no more than 100 men so chance that they were carving scorpions on their rifles and that some of their rifles came to US is very not likely.
Hah, good point. I also thought of making my own Serb art on my handguards as I am a Serb in America but not in a trench so it would not be authentic ;) I do see some that I feel people in the USA carve, not saying this one. Now I have seen one handguard recently that looks like it could've been from that unit.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Hah, good point. I also thought of making my own Serb art on my handguards as I am a Serb in America but not in a trench so it would not be authentic ;) Now I have seen one handguard recently that looks like it could've been from that unit.

You could dig a trench in your backyard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are some of mine. The only name I have information on is "Slobodan" (set#1) which I assume is Serbian? Can someone help translate some of the names? I see names like "ONIDNA", "JULLNA", ... What do they mean?

Set #1

Set #2

set #3

201 - 220 of 257 Posts