AK Rifles banner

War Rugs?

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  JOHNO 
#1 ·
Guys , is there anyplace to get the WAR RUGS without goign to ebay? i do not ebay. been brunt to many times so i closed my ebay account. is there any online vendors?

im loking for one to hang on my wall in the office.

thanks for the help.

Ronald

#5 ·
JOHNO, thanks for the heads up! i will look for your add in the marketplaces. i would much rather buy from someone on these boards than ebay. the office hasnt been painted yet so i have time.

thanks again.

Ronald

#9 ·
#13 ·
I can get them here in Kuwait.

I've already bought one for myself. See picture below...

It's 2'x3' and I gave 10 Kuwati Dinar (about $35) for it. I could of gotten it cheaper, but I was in a hurry(i.e. riding with someone else...) and didn't have time to engage in the time-honored Arabic ritual of haggling on the price... :wink:

FWIW- The ones I can get are not what I'd call authentic and are evidently being mass produced. But, it's a cool item that I would not have been able to get anywhere else. I think I'm going to put it on the floor right in front of my gun safe when I get home. (78 days and counting...)

When I bought mine there were several more virtually identical to it on the same rack. I took this particular one because of the "1989" date on it. I saw some with 1989 and others with 2002 or 2005 dates on them.

#15 ·
sgtstinger, first off welcome, second thanks for your service! third that sure is a pretty one. looks big also. thats one of the bigger ones. i think you got a great deal. i would have killed for one at 35 bucks. it sure is pretty.

Ronald

#16 ·
Thanks for your kind words, guys...but I got out of the Army in 1998. I just keep the screen-name as a reminder of the good times I had while serving.

I'm over in Kuwait doing work in the environmental field as a civilian contractor.

I've almost finished my year-long contract and will be returning home in early May. I've got two Romanian "G" kits waiting for me and I'm looking forward to building them up and having some fun when I get back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.