AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know very little about the VZ-58 and they never really appealed to me....until today.

I was at my local shop and they just put two of them on the rack. One had what appeared to be polymer furniture and a "butthole" type stock. The other has the traditional furniture with a full stock. The former (which didn't really strike me as attractive) had a price tag of $829, IIRC. The latter (which I fell in love with) was $749.

Now, I'm not up to date on the prices, but from my limited exposure to the VZ, throug "e-shopping", this seemed like a pretty good price. Not to mention that, this thing was SPOTLESS and, from the moment I picked it up, it felt like an extension of my body. Not many rifles turn my crank, the way this one did.

My questions are; 1) Who makes these? I didn't see "Century" anywhere on it and I hope that's not the case! 2) Is $749 a good price for this rifle? I'm honestly thinking of trading my Century Galil for it (big disappointment) and want to know where I stand and what you guys think. 3) Is there anything that I should look out for?

Any and all help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
AKJP said:
My questions are; 1) Who makes these? I didn't see "Century" anywhere on it and I hope that's not the case! 2) Is $749 a good price for this rifle? I'm honestly thinking of trading my Century Galil for it (big disappointment) and want to know where I stand and what you guys think. 3) Is there anything that I should look out for?
!
1) they are made in the Czech Republic or Slovakia (former Czechoslavakia). US parts are added here by Tennesee Gun

2) yes, it's a good price

3) nope, they're fine rifles.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Personally, I can't stand the damn things.....complete garbage. :mad:

:twisted:

Actually, they're my favorite 7.62x39mm rifle.

:wink:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, guys.

:lol: @ Templar. You had me going there for a second. Beautiful rifles you have there.

My Galil is currently in for "repairs". So, when I get it back, I don't think I'll be able to get rid of the damned thing fast enough. I only hope that the VZ is still available at that price.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts