AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys that have fondled, stroked and maybe built on them think of Vulcan receivers?? :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I owned a HeXXe (Vulcan) once....................ONCE.

I would not own another one because of the reputation associated with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I asked, I've heard stuff too. But is that like Joeken and Ewbanks? I've heard all kinds of bad things about those guys but I've built up about 6 ~ 7 rifles on the new Ewbank's receivers and it's just as nice as a Global Trades IMO (except for that stupid little hole in the bottom :neutral: ).

I'm curious how the receivers are?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I built an AK on a Vulcan flat. No problems at all, except for the fact that I had it all riveted onto a Bulgarian AK74 trunnion when I realized that I grabbed the Vulcan receiver when I had intended to use one of my Tapco flats. The Vulcan flat was marked "7.62x39".... d'oh!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've use Vulcans before. If you get one of the early ones, they are not heat treated on the ejector or pin holes. Later ones had just the ejectors hardened and they finally got it right and heat treated both.

It is easy to tell by looking at them (in the white) You can see the heat treat rings around the pivot pin holes.

I would use one again.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I'll have to go with my gut then and wait for DCI to make a Yugo 95 receiver. Oh well..........thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts