AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up with a Vulcan AK receiver as part of a package deal. I've read a lot of negative comments in regards to Vulcan but I've got it now and want to know if anybody knows what parts kits it will work with. On the bottom with the serial #it says Vulcan Mod. V47 7.62x39, .233 and has a similar appearance at the rear trunion area to the NDS-1P nodak spud underfolder receiver I have that is in the process of being built with a Polish underfolder parts kit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I used one for my first build, a Yugo underfolder. It did need tweaking. Thankfully, the rear trunnion holes were not drilled or cut so I could align it the way it should be.

It was a pain in the arse to work with though. Just wasn't nearly the quality of a Nodak receiver by any means. If it was free, use it for something but paying for one, no thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do yourself a favor------GIVE IT AWAY------

And go buy a high quality replacement.

I built on two of those pieces of complete shit---there is VERY little that is correct with the receivers.....You can start by removing the rails and replacing them with quality replacements and install them in the correct location---then weld up the trigger group holes and relocate them---If it's not one thing it's another---basically without completely revamping the receiver, you will have a problematic gun that will NOT hold it value....Heck they could'nt even keep the width correct in there bend!

I can tell you that it's easier to build on a blank unbent 80% receiver then one of these pieces of shit.....

Save yourself a lot of frustration---better yet, cut the piece of shit up and move on!

If I had to guess, I got more then 20+ hours of work on each was required to straighten these guns out that I built--and it only takes about 10 hours to build on a blank---so go figure--it's not worth it!

Upon my next receiver order, I am going to replace both of these I built while we still have quality receivers available....

BAF

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I built on them when they were the only game in town, and $45 bucks a piece. They are not great, by any stretch. I'd spend the extra cash and get some nice perfect DCS product, instead.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
call nodak spud

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I have seen 2 of them and they both looked good-better than an OOW by all means.

That being said, I'd probably sell it for $40-$50 and buy a NDS.

For a Romy home build blaster it would work fine. Nowadays with kits going through the roof, I would do everything top shelf as you will always get it out of it.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
butter comes to mind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts