AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my first AK pattern rifle. i was not sure what to buy. I ended up buying a century arms VSKA MOE. 4 days later I have 1300 rounds through it and it has been flawless. I have read on the internet about how bad these rifles are. So far I have nothing bad to say. I took a carbine class yesterday with it and it ran flawless. Anybody else having a good time with their VSKA?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Well I picked up my first AK pattern rifle. i was not sure what to buy. I ended up buying a century arms VSKA MOE. 4 days later I have 1300 rounds through it and it has been flawless. I have read on the internet about how bad these rifles are. So far I have nothing bad to say. I took a carbine class yesterday with it and it ran flawless. Anybody else having a good time with their VSKA?
What is a VSKA?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I’m glad you like it! AKs are super fun.
I am kinda spoiled because I’m older and have seen a variety of imports. I doubt I’ll own a US rifle, but if you enjoy it, that’s what matters.

be safe.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here is the product spec sheet.

https://www.centuryarms.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/VSKA_Fact_Sheet.pdf

If you check Rob Ski he ran a number of tests and made video's of running the VSKA thru its paces.

vska Archives - AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

I think you will be enjoying your VSKA for a long time.
You may want to buy another case of ammo!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow! so after reading all those horrible thing about the Century VSKA you went out and purchased one! Interesting.

I guess you could have purchased it first then checked the reviews, equally interesting .

Well what's most important is that your happy with your purchase, enjoy and welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Paddling camper is this you reincarnate?

US made ak’s are trash. Your better off with something from a factory not run by drunken monkeys who don’t offer a warrantee.

I see people like robski saying their vska’s passed but I’ve seen too many century guns fail to believe they cleaned up their act especially after more than 20 years of being the trash peddler.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I believe Century has a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" on the VSKA rifles:

https://www.centuryarms.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/VSKA_Warranty_v03062019.pdf

Also, as far as manufacturing standards, this is worth noting:

Does Century Arms abide by a recognized quality standard?
Yes. Century Arms became ISO 9001:2015 Certified in July of 2018.

Talk to anyone who has gone thru the ISO 9001 certification, it is a lot of work to achieve that manufacturing standard.
This is not the same production line that was turning out C39's back in 2014.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can't you guys have some respect and think about how your snide remarks may have on others? Why would some of you try to make a guy feel bad about his purchase? Not everyone is an ak expert and I doubt you're as knowledgeable as you think you are. Reminds me of teens today that are rude and self absorbed. Sir, I'm sure your VSKA will work just fine and give you many years of service...I've read good things about it. It will get the job done...Congratulations

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
Shouldn't this be under the USA section?

Better get my popcorn. This might get hilarious

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Can't you guys have some respect and think about how your snide remarks may have on others? Why would some of you try to make a guy feel bad about his purchase? Not everyone is an ak expert and I doubt you're as knowledgeable as you think you are. Reminds me of teens today that are rude and self absorbed. Sir, I'm sure your VSKA will work just fine and give you many years of service...I've read good things about it. It will get the job done...Congratulations
Hair Eyewear Hairstyle Dreadlocks Cool

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I agree with Trace here. If the guy enjoys it, he enjoys it.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I agree with Trace here. If the guy enjoys it, he enjoys it.
I want any and everyone to be a gun owner, of something quality that he or she enjoys. I'm not willing to let someone come here and be happy about what is, by everything I've seen a poor and potentially even dangerous purchase, without at least trying to warn them.

I feel that's irresponsible on my part, as someone who has read (and I hope learned) from the smarter people here for years.

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
This is not a hugbox.

Some of the more staunch collectors of the AK platform study rivets and wood patterns and have some seriously high standards. They have spent decades reading books and comparing how AKs differ from year to year, let alone country to country. They're not going to be easily impressed by 'hey this didn't break after 1000 rounds its great' they're going to be impressed by workmanship and not breaking after 100,000 rounds.

Dialing it back down some.. For the recreational shooters, those things don't matter much. If it goes bang reliably and it's reasonably on target, it's a good day. If the OP managed to get a good example of a Century product.. I'm happy for him. Many of us have cut our teeth on their products and the cheap price provides ease of entry into a really fun world. Of course on the flip-side, the same folks who have bought Century products have likely gotten burned one time or another. Their opinions are also valid.

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
Just to prove a point, I may buy a US made rifle....Stay tuned, I have a project for tomorrow...
o.ô what point would that be? To be contrarian? I don't think you'll be changing anyone's mind by buying one. You'll just be walking down the same path as everyone else that bought one. If you post a review, it's not going to make anyone see the light and run out to buy some.

Ah well..It's your money and thank you for contributing to the economy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts