AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help but wonder with the Molot made Veprs gone, if they will Become collectors Items like the Valmet and Galil Ak's? If the changes made by the new owner Izhmash come true they will rise in value. What other AK's since the Galil or Valmet have had the Veprs accuracy? None.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The "old" style Veprs are still going to be produced and imported to the US. I really doubt that they will become collectors items.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think that the VEPRs are still gonna be produced by molot, the ownership has changed, But the factory is still the same....Izmash would be stupid to change the way VEPRs are manufactured...Thier best option would be open up production one accesories for them....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If Izhmash decides not to go with the old style Vepr how many Ak's have ever had the combination of quality and accuracy other than the Poly Tech legend, the Galil or the Valmet? I've already seen some Veprs for sell on the internet in the $850-$1000 price range. I would say the biggest event that I have seen is the sudden lack of used Veprs available. Right now I would have to guess the lack of used ones and the price increases are do to their scarcity. It looks like were going to have to wait and see whats imported.

·
Registered
621 Posts
being one of the biggest advocates for the VEPRs. I can say this. When me and biggerstick first came to ARFcom There was never a posistive commant made about the VEPRs. It was all about Arsenals, and They are too heavy, they dont take traditional furniture, and they dont look traditional. We came onto the site and started singing the praises of the VEPR rifles. Then one by one people started coming out and buying them, then they would talk about how great of a rifle they are....Now they are a very sought after rifle...The people that wanted them now have them, the people that had them now realize what they have....Basically the rifles played musical chairs before, now nobody wants to get rid of them. Its all supply and demand as to the reason that they are going up in price, I havent seen any for 850-1000, But I remember seeing them for 450, I paid 500 for my .308 with 2 10 round mags and a 5 rounder, a choate drag stock and a harris bipod. I just picked up that tricked out 5.45 for 550. The going rate now is usually around 600. I hate to see what robarms is gonna ask for them when they get the next shipment in....I hope whoever becomes the new importer when robarms loses the rights doesnt try to take people for all they are worth....I have my VEPRs and dont need any more...I may buy a 7.62 in the future...But that would be my last one. I am moving on to other rifles now.....The next few rifles I want are an SKS and a FAL....I love my VEPRs but hellI dont need 2 or 3 of the same rifle....

·
Registered
243 Posts
PvtPyle said:
The "old" style Veprs are still going to be produced and imported to the US. I really doubt that they will become collectors items.
Is this fact?

I am not trying to be a nit-pick or even come close to resembling the fact check nazi's out there(even though i do appreciate the checkers out there)......... reason i am asking, PvtPyle, is that if this is confirmed infomation, i will be waiting till June to buy my VEPR K... but if there is gonna be any changes( lighter barrel or anything bad like that) i will be on the hunt for a used one again.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The only real thing that RA controls on the VEPRs is the furniture and a couple of US made parts....Then cant change what the guns made of or how its made only the russians can do that,

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
Its all supply and demand as to the reason that they are going up in price, I havent seen any for 850-1000.
Just finished surfing the VEPR ads on GunBroker. A dealer in Texas just relisted his VEPR 5.45...price jumped from around $700 to over $1299! He also referenced the Molot snafu, obviously using scare tactics to justify the ridiculous price increase.

·
Registered
621 Posts
And some happless bastard will surely buy it....I already consider mine as a collectors item.....Did you guys see the sweet super VEPR that hilljack posted in the super vepr thread...

·
Registered
621 Posts
I feel a flood of VEPRs coming our way....in a straight cut reciever configuration.....
I just hope the dont abandon the true RPK reciever, and heavier barrell....Thats what makes these guns what they are

is robarms gonna be screwed on this batch of folding stocks? Are they gonna keep the contract....Are we gonna have several new options to trick out these VEPRS?!?!?!?! Tune in next week....Same VEPR forum....Same VEPR mod......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts