AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post.

I am currently looking into a VEPR in 223 or in 308. I have never had a rifle before. I understand I need something called a bullet guide to take real AK mags. I also understand many people change out the stock for either side folding or fixed stocks. I want to make sure I get a really good stock. Can you guys please point me in the right direction as to what I need to get.

I was also thinking of contacting a gunsmith since I have never done work like this. Do you have any tips as to finding good ones in my area?

Finally, will it really be okay if I fire 556 out of a 223 VEPR?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hello and welcome to this corner of addicts.

You will find a wealth of information on YouTube with step by step instructions and of course images to guide you on how to alter your weapon.
A VEPR si a really nice choice.

Most of the work can be done at home with rudimentary tools. AKs were born out of hammers and anvils (joke of course).

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Bullet guide, thread the barrel, and if it's a single stack mag one, you'll need to open up the magwell for good old double stack mags. If you wanna be cool:cool:.
I believe that a standard pistol grip will drop in, and a surplus stock will require fitting. If it's a square back. Slant backs require adapters.
I actually like the big wooden handguard, but changing it to a standard RPK handguard is do-able.

My only experience is with the 7.62x39 variety, not 100% if it's the same on a .223 or .308.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
The extra fcg holes and the trigger guard may need to be welded up and cleaned up.

As always pics help the most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts