AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Why did they weld the buttstock in the open position? Can it be converted to a folder? Is that a Promag? What are the compliance parts?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont think these are selling as well as RTI hoped.
When the ad for these first hit SGN I was ready to buy. Then it took months before they were actually available.
I got excited all over again, I was ready to buy during the black friday sale. I just couldnt pull the trigger.
Started wondering if correct mags would ever show up (they did) and what they would cost. Figure I'd want 5, 4 to fill a mag pouch and one in the rifle. That's another 500, thought it would be more actually.
I like shoot'in from the bench and all, but got a feeling this would set in the safe.
I have several Polish ak's, and am interested in a Beryl also. I know there are alot more archers in country than vepr IV, but I know I'd shoot an Archer more.
Add the slr104's in the mix, there is currently some good stuff to buy.
I think the hard core RPK74M guys had to get one, but other than them, not many folks ready to bite.
just my take.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
That's priced about where it should be now....IMHO.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Yes, it can be converted to folder, in about 2 minutes, these are absolutely awesome and worth more than $1K. I've seen the folding stock and hardware sell for more than $1K years ago.

I think these are best AK buy today, together with the Vepr-12 folder for about the same price.

Why did they weld the buttstock in the open position? Can it be converted to a folder? Is that a Promag? What are the compliance parts?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Ugh, wish I could afford one. I got to play with a forum member's example a week ago. I don't have much 5.56 and only one ar-15, but I'd still get one if I could afford it.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Will they take the 5.56x45 Bulgarian waffle magazines?

·
Banned
950 Posts
Will they take the 5.56x45 Bulgarian waffle magazines?

Yes, they are a little tight though but they work. The black Bulgarians work better as the clear ones will get damaged going into the magwell.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
OK, I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on one. If you use a black Bulgarian waffle mag, do you have to install a feed ramp or is one already installed? Do Beryl mags work?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
All mags work, feed ramp is already installed.

OK, I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on one. If you use a black Bulgarian waffle mag, do you have to install a feed ramp or is one already installed? Do Beryl mags work?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I wouldnt mind owning one IF it was in 5.45. I dont want to deal with the mags. Why cant they import a 5,45?

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Just spend that money on 5.56 Ammo and have fun. I wouldn't mess with it honestly.

Probably a good point. Assuming 1) $500 is spent on the barrel/bolt conversion, and 2) a $.20/rd premium for 5.56 ammo over 5.45, it would take 2500rds for the swap to "pay for itself".

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
At $999.00 it is tempting since I already have a bunch of Bulgy black mags for my SLR 106. Hmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
168 Posts
I will once kvar has another sale. I plan to grab a barrel assembly with all the goodies besides the bipod, I have an extra bolt already. I will save the barrel fo if it ever becomes a collector, or the 5.45 dries up and I can swap it back in. I am in no hurry as kvar has a lot of them in stock. Also I have many other projects :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts