AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted a scope, with the IOR AK type mount. The scope, seems to not be exactly even with the receivers dust cover. The scope is mounted with a slight slope downward, toward the muzzle. I checked, and measured the side mount rail, it is perfectly aligned with the receiver, so that's not an issue.
The barrel appears to slope downward from the stock as well. Can that be why? Does anyone know, if this slight variance is correct for a Vepr K.?

I'm clueless about this, I thank anyone who knows the answer.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you could post pics....I never noticed my barrels facing down from the reciever....is the mount adjustable...Not the mount on the gun but the mount on the scope....Some of these mounts are adjustable,Like the RA one. You may need to adjust the scope mount to have the scope line up...just a thought I may have....But then again you may be right on with that scope...I would go out and shoot it, if you hit the target then that must be how it supposed to be....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am using an IOR AK mount on my 5.45 VEPR. I originally bought it for use on my Maadi AK. Just checked the IOR website today and they list a VEPR specific mount. My IOR AK mount looks exactly liked you described. It still allowed me to dial-in my scope. I would like to compare it to the VEPR IOR mount, but at $125, I will most likely keep the present AK mount. I'll bet the VEPR mount goes further over the cover and bore axis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
veprx3 said:
I am using an IOR AK mount on my 5.45 VEPR. I originally bought it for use on my Maadi AK. Just checked the IOR website today and they list a VEPR specific mount. My IOR AK mount looks exactly liked you described. It still allowed me to dial-in my scope. I would like to compare it to the VEPR IOR mount, but at $125, I will most likely keep the present AK mount. I'll bet the VEPR mount goes further over the cover and bore axis.
The one I got from Val is the "Vepr mount". I had to do some shim work, in order to align it with the bore axis. This other issue, may, or may not be a problem. I was doing some checking with a bubble level, the scope seems plum with the barrel.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Xavier said:
The one I got from Val is the "Vepr mount". I had to do some shim work, in order to align it with the bore axis. This other issue, may, or may not be a problem. I was doing some checking with a bubble level, the scope seems plum with the barrel.
OK so much for my thought about the Vepr mount. :smile: Have you tried it at the range? If it works I wouldn't worry too much about the barrel issue. My mount looks goofy but it is dead on at 200yds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts