AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys in the VEPR mafia keep enticing me to see whats so cool about the VEPR, but I have a few questions first.

Does the side rail scope mount need modification to be really accurate, like a third rivet or something? I've read something about its weaknesses.

How hard is it to get the Choate (sp?) SVD style stock to fit?

How hard would it be to get the muzzle theaded for 14x1 LH so I could use my 7.62 SVD style FH?

What kind of accuracy is the platform reall capable of? I figure it has to at least keep up with a Tiger if not surpass it.

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Does the side rail scope mount need modification to be really accurate, like a third rivet or something? I've read something about its weaknesses.

I believe the scope mount problems with earlier .308s were not due to the side rail, but due to the actual mount that Rob. Arm. was selling as an accessory.

How hard is it to get the Choate (sp?) SVD style stock to fit?

Very easy, in fact 762BodyDropper has that exact stock on his .308.

How hard would it be to get the muzzle theaded for 14x1 LH so I could use my 7.62 SVD style FH?

You can thread the barrel, but must first have the barrel turned down from 15.5mm to 14mm. Remember, the Vepr uses a heavier RPK weight barrel. This is one of the reasons the Vepr is more accurate than most other AKs.

What kind of accuracy is the platform reall capable of? I figure it has to at least keep up with a Tiger if not surpass it.

Some people report sub-moa groups using match ammo. I am confident the Vepr can equal or outdo the Tiger in terms of accuracy.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The choate stock will slide right on a vepr .308. You can see a pic of my gun in the vepr pic thread above.
Stick already covered the rest of your questions....
Glad to be an influence on you :twisted:

·
Registered
84 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
And our way is the WAY OF THE GUN!!!!! :animak:
The Way of the VEPR!

oh man thats hella cheesy :lol:

I need counseling.

Hi, my name is AtlAK and I am a VEPR addict.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still it speaks a lot for a firearm that has a cult following.
Does the .308 VEPR has food prefences? Like as in a prefered grain of bullet range. Bullet type preference?

G

·
0 Posts
Taipan, last time we went to the range me and 762BD ran American Eagle 150gr fmj, Federal 147gr fmj, Winchester 180gr sp, and S&B 180gr hp. All cycled flawlessly through the Vepr. Next outing will consist of different match loads (Federal, Black Hills, Hornady etc.) plus I really want to see how good (or bad) Wolf .308 is.

G

·
0 Posts
To give you an idea of the accuracy potential, I can hit 3"-4" pieces of orange clay pidgeon at 100yrds consistantly with iron sights on my 7.62x39 Vepr K using Wolf 154gr sp. from a bipod.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
To give you an idea of the accuracy potential, I can hit 3"-4" pieces of orange clay pidgeon at 100yrds consistantly with iron sights on my 7.62x39 Vepr K using Wolf 154gr sp. from a bipod.
Nice shooting! :hail:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts