AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chubby white guys: watch your back. Some thug-looking civilian with no shirt, at 530 this morning, screamed that I am a George Zimmerman-looking mother****er, that I ought to be ashamed, I am Whitey, and that he was going to **** my ass up if I looked at him again. I didn't; I kept my head down and walked right in the front door, hearing his 'whitey this, cracka that, fatass Zimmerman lookin...' all the way until the glass closed behind me. Good thing I had my car keys and badge in my laughably bright yellow Navy PT gear to protect myself, should he have decided my acquiescence wasn't enough. I won't lie; I was pretty freaked out. Despite the fact that I was on gov't property, about 30 feet from the door of the building (which is placed right in the middle of the nastiest part of Newport News, VA), there was nothing between him and me but a road with no traffic. Had he decided he really wanted to do something to me, not much could have stopped him.

I'm sure we all agree that just not going to bad areas is the thing to do but unfortunately, in this particular case, I can't. This is ridiculous.

I just figured I'd share my lovely experience from this morning. Have a good day.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Unfortunatlly that is to be expected from certain segments of the population. :stonehim: Dont let it get to you

also I lost my spellcheck on this computer so get ready for some wicked spelling errors!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
glad your ok. a hispanic friend,who happens to be black,warned my brother yesterday of a suspicious character he watched and deterred that was hovering around the entrance before my brother came to open the shop. my brother saw him 2 blocks away before he arrived. he's permanently carrying his revolver. I keep telling him he needs more fire-power. he called me just to tell me that because I had called him a couple days before warning him it could happen. he said our friend(which we've known for 30+ years) told him "estos Americanos xxxxxx desgraciados,que racistas son". (under different circumstances,we'd have a laugh about it but he was serious and pissed off when he said it). it's not easy dealing with the public.

I think it's going to get worst too. the media is raking in the second half of this travesty(<---this is my opinion,don't be a wuss and get offended).

..not only Holder but Hillary is getting in on the act and really stoking. she's locking in those votes for 2016(<--again,opinion and none political).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Oh great, It wasn't bad enough that I match every Police description that I have ever heard and now this. It sucks being average. :sad:

·
Registered
588 Posts
What is it they want,to legalize assault from black teens and make it illeagle to defend yourself from them as well?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
July 15, 2013
Pat Mahaney died today. He had been distraught and neglected his health since the August 2012 attack, when 6 afro American teens attacked him. Mahaney became sick last week, his family said. He died at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. The autopsy was completed this week, but the Prosecutor's Office will not decide whether to pursue further charges against the six teens until test results become available in a few weeks.

Aug 15th 2012
Pat Mahaney was walking home Saturday with a six-pack of beer when he was viciously attacked by six teens because they were bored and "looking for something to do," a police report said. Six teens were arrested Sunday after beating a man unconscious in a Cincinnati suburb - because they were bored and looking for something to do.

Pat Mahaney, 45, of North College Hill, landed in the hospital after a vicious attack that left him with a black eye and severe internal injuries. He was hurt so badly that his stomach filled with blood that required a tube down his throat to drain.

"I find this whole thing appalling and despicable," North College Hill Police Chief Gary Foust told the Daily News. Foust added that the 13- and 14-year-old boys were arrogant and that he believes the attack was pre-meditated.

Mahaney was returning home with a six-pack of beer when the juveniles walked by him on the sidewalk in the opposite direction, according to an incident report obtained by the Daily News. The boys then turned around and began to follow him. One punched Mahaney in the back of the head, knocking him to the ground.

The teens then took turns kicking and punching him in the head and face repeatedly, the report said. One of the delinquents took a beer can and threw it at Mahaney's head. The attack only came to an end when a neighbor, witnessing the attack, intervened and said he was calling the cops.

"This individual would have sustained, possibly, a higher degree of injury if not for individuals in the neighborhood," said Foust. They gave the adolescents' names to police and assisted the badly beaten Mahaney until help arrived.

The attack itself was discovered by police by accident. A nearby patrol car had been called to break up a fight between two dogs when Officer Aaron Kodish noticed a large group of people standing on the street. He pulled up and saw Mahaney "covered in blood and trying to maintain his balance," the report said.

It did not take long to find the suspects - five were arrested that night, the sixth the next day. They told authorities they only stopped beating Mahaney because neighbors intervened.

"Without their intervention," Foust said of the neighbors, "the degree of injuries could have been much more severe."

Foust noted that Mahaney is unemployed and has no health insurance. The police chief said that "our hope in this is to work with the prosecutor to see that justice is done,” adding that meant jail time being served and the battered man's medical bills being paid through restitution.

If that were to happen, the boys' parents would be responsible for paying the medical bills.

All six of the boys were charged with two felonies each - aggravated riot and felonious assault. If they were adults, these charges would carry a sentence of anywhere from 10-25 years. But as they are juveniles, Foust says, "that's not going to happen."

Due to laws prohibiting the identification of juvenile defendants, Foust declined to comment on whether any had prior criminal records.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/6-ohio-teens-arrested-beating-man-unconscious-article-1.1136965#ixzz2ZLbbcvoh

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
cdvanns said:
What is it they want,to legalize assault from black teens and make it illeagle to defend yourself from them as well?
Kinda feels that way, eh?

I never considered anger over the acquittal would ever manifest in such a way as the one talked of here. Makes one think and I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open a little wider.

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
Flashpoint said:
Shit. I live in Cincinnati. Glad I have my concealed carry.
+1

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sorry for your shitty morning,wearing yellow Pt gear at the time must have made it sting a little more as well. :goof: Yet another reason that is pays to carry a sidearm when possible. There is way too much walking garbage out there amongst us. On a brighter and related note: Kansas topped the list for most CCW permits issued last year. One good thing about this state of ours...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have loved to been carrying but you know how the military is. If it's not issued to you in an official capacity, you can't have it in a duty status. Unfortunate, seeing how most bases/installations/shipyards are in the seediest part of town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.