AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

new member here, have a chance to buy a used vector arms AK-47 and some ammo but need some input first.

-rifle is 30 years old (1991 stamp on the lower)
-come with 3 mags, bayonet w/ sheath,
and 950 rounds of wolf ammo

guy wants $1350 firm.

thoughts? i’m an AK noob so i’m not sure of this is a deal or not.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have a Vector Arms Underfolder that I bought NEW around 1995. You trying to say I'm old?

I have put about 350 to 400 rounds through the rifle with absolutely 0 issues.

It uses every type of magazine that I have without a hiccup. 1K of ammo is worth about $400 now, so you're getting the rifle for about $900.

Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Vector had a reputation for building some higher quality rifles, so I would not be afraid to buy one but like any, just check it over to make sure the previous owner didn't do something stupid to it.

With the price of ammo crazy high these days, and if that rifle is in good condition that price is not too far out of line.

I do want to add that the 1991 date is probably when the receiver was made if it is stamped on the receiver. Vector was incorperated in 1993 and began production in 1996.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Vector Arms Underfolder that I bought NEW around 1995. You trying to say I'm old?

I have put about 350 to 400 rounds through the rifle with absolutely 0 issues.

It uses every type of magazine that I have without a hiccup. 1K of ammo is worth about $400 now, so you're getting the rifle for about $900.

Not a bad deal.
thank you for the insight!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the group!

Vector had a reputation for building some higher quality rifles, so I would not be afraid to buy one but like any, just check it over to make sure the previous owner didn't do something stupid to it.

With the price of ammo crazy high these days, and if that rifle is in good condition that price is not too far out of line.

I do want to add that the 1991 date is probably when the receiver was made if it is stamped on the receiver. Vector was incorperated in 1993 and began production in 1996.
excellent. thank you so much.

·
Registered
179 Posts
With the ammo included, that sounds like a pretty nice deal. But give it a good looking over. Make sure the crown isn't dinged, barrel isn't shot out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts