AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 86/0 feedback on the Akfiles.

Made of CNC 1080 steel so they can be welded to galil or valmet top cover.

Slight hand filing of the sight leaf will be required-areas shown below indicated by orange lines. It's a lot less material than what is pictured, but those are the areas of contact. This was done deliberately so that there wouldn't be any slack/movement in the rear sight, as the original vary in size slightly. There is some variation between my SAKO M76 7.62 and M76 5.56 rear sight leaves.

I will provide the measurements for the screws that go on the sighthood. These were done in modern metric measurements. I am not sure why they are there, as they do not hold the sighthood in place, because the sighthood is welded to the top cover.

I am working on deciphering the measurements for the screw that holds the sight to the rear aperture and will provide those measurements/item once I do some more testing.

Sight spring not included. I flipped over an AK47/74 and it seemed to work. You could alter another sight leaf if you wanted to.

$107 shipped for sighthood
$183 shipped for sighthood + Sako m62 sight components (leaf, slide, rear aperture).

Only have a handful of these as part of a project.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got my rear sight assembly from Mr Bunny...In my 30yrs of machining, Ive not had a part with this degree of finish, its gorgeous, no burrs, no sharp edges, no tool marks to clean out, its absolutely smooth and clean. I couldnt be happier. This setup was well worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts