AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I likely paid too much for this. It’s the stock, a few bits of hardware, and the box.

If I don’t trade it for something else, I’ll probably use it to make a bullpup PDW in 7,62x39.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If the stock doesn't have the typical cracks, it would be very valuable to someone that has a complete example with a cracked stock. You should offer it for auction on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the stock doesn't have the typical cracks, it would be very valuable to someone that has a complete example with a cracked stock. You should offer it for auction on Gunbroker.
I could do that. For a few years I have been trying to get a Valmet M76 or M62 top cover, complete. Never a single reply. Valmet parts are hard to come by.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Considering how rare and fragile those stocks are, it wouldn't make much since to make it into something for the range. It's something that is valuable mainly to the collector. The box appears to be in really nice shape, too. I've seen the Valmet boxes bring close to $200 by themselves. Not sure about an M82 box as I've never seen one for sale without the rifle! Very uncommon. Makes you wonder where the rest of the rifle is!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering how rare and fragile those stocks are, it wouldn't make much since to make it into something for the range. It's something that is valuable mainly to the collector. The box appears to be in really nice shape, too. I've seen the Valmet boxes bring close to $200 by themselves. Not sure about an M82 box as I've never seen one for sale without the rifle! Very uncommon. Makes you wonder where the rest of the rifle is!
Yes. In the Bullpup Forum there was an entry, now with dead picture links, wherein a member had used a Galil receiver to turn a M82 parts kit into a 7.62 Bullpup, with the 82 sights and hardware.

On gunbroker for the past few months is a complete M82 parts kit, with a saw cut barrel and receiver. The seller wants $5500 for the kit. I had a hard look at it and realized it was a selective fire weapon....three pins, three holes, auto sear and selector markings reflecting its status, even tho the box says Semi Auto. We may be sure there is a story to it.

Maybe I’ll offer this up to trade for a complete top cover Over in market place. I’m still contemplating using it for a build.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Per your suggestion, I have posted an add offering the stock in trade. Will let you know how it turns out.

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a single note or comment. If I don’t get a response by Monday, I’m starting the build.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Not a single note or comment. If I don’t get a response by Monday, I’m starting the build.
It's an extremely small market that would be interested in that stock and box. Your best bet at finding that buyer is through Gunbroker. Even with that large audience, it will likely take months to sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts