AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorting through a collection (not originally mine) that I'm selling and found a box of Valmet mags. I've got a feel for the value of the more common 7.62 mag types, but there are some variants I'm not familiar with and need to find out if they're particularly scarce. I've seen the one- and three-rivet 5.56 steel, and 7.62 mags in blued and black-parked steel, and green waffle with lanyard cast in body, but there are three 7.62 mag types I wonder about:

black poly, with lanyard loop cast in body
green poly, no lanyard loop (and never was)
green-parked steel (lanyard loop on baseplate)

If someone who knows more about the Valmet world could rank these someplace between unusual and unobtanium, it would sure be useful to me. As long as I'm asking, I've decided to pick up a 5.56 M76 and wondered if its possible to find an OG PG to go with an OG HG that's in the collection.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
black poly 100 bucks give or take nowdays, gen 1 poly no lanyard don't function 100 percent in my experience gen 2 do so lite color is bad both are cheap price maybe 45 to 55 each green parked steel sounds cool but might be a refurb or rare not sure. Parkerizing inside of mags requires blasting the metal inside to prep for park to allow chemical reaction so adds friction thus might be super early or something. they seem to have chosen blued mags while the guns are parked is why I say. green handgaurd? I want it! cool!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts