AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Gents,

For those who like this kind of thing, I have a large collection of movie props That I will be selling off in the next year or so. On gun broker, I have A Forged Stand By Order from Bryan Singer’s 2008 film Valkyrie, based on the true story of resistors in the German Army and their attempt to assassinate Hitler. In the film, several officers in the German Army are led by Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise), as they devise a plan by which they will assassinate Hitler, assume control of the military and government, and negotiate a truce with the Allies to spare Germany from utter destruction. Orders such as this can be seen in several scenes, particularly when they are delivered to Reserve Army Major Otto Ernst Remer (Thomas Kretschmann) while he is being shaved in a barber shop, as well as the scene in which Olbricht learns of his forged order. This item has been printed on parchment paper with General Olbricht’s letterhead and contains numerous stamps indicating the secret nature of the order, the department from which the order originated and the date on which the order was issued, as well as Olbricht’s forged signature. The order is 8.5” (21.5 cm) x 12” (30.5 cm) and is in excellent production-used condition. also included is a orange OKW pass for the war ministrie.

I unconditionally guarantee these are screen used. and I see these occasionally selling for a lot more money.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There studio made replicas. Most props were made by a polish firm that specializes in reenactment-movie props.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I met tom a couple of times. he is not what I would call a Liberal, and he's so ass burnt re: his "religious" views, so he is somewhat reluctant to discuss politics. As we talked while he was showing me his P51, and Pitts special. He is a big WW2 buff, and collector.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
I seen him years ago in a interview and it was sickening. How he was talking down to the host of the show (lauer I think) made me see his elitist attitude. Couple that with the fact that he is so into his cult (Scientology) and it turned me off to anything he does. So much so in fact that I won't watch a movie he is in and haven't for years.

Cool that your in a position to get some cool artifacts that were used in movies.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know all of that. I can tell you from meeting and talking extensively, he is a real hurting person. You feel it just being close to him. Unfortunately, this leaves these types of folks open to cults, and even more abuse, that they unknowingly sign up for. they cannot help themselves. please pity them and not hate them. They know not what they do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts