AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I built one when Nodak was selling them. If you are using a full auto parts kit and the semi bolt/striker, there are only three steps that require any real effort. 1) You will need to weld a blocking plate into the grip assembly, 2) you will need to grind the sear, 3) you may wish to rivet a sling pivot to the side. If you've built an AK, then 3 is easy. Semi parts are available to take care of 1 and 2 if desired. I have almost no welding experience, but had no trouble with 1. It's a fun project, and a pretty cool gun when done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I built one when Nodak was selling them. If you are using a full auto parts kit and the semi bolt/striker, there are only three steps that require any real effort. 1) You will need to weld a blocking plate into the grip assembly, 2) you will need to grind the sear, 3) you may wish to rivet a sling pivot to the side. If you've built an AK, then 3 is easy. Semi parts are available to take care of 1 and 2 if desired. I have almost no welding experience, but had no trouble with 1. It's a fun project, and a pretty cool gun when done.
Very well put! Cannot add much to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts