AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beaten to death but anybody notice the used gun prices lately? it seems EVERY used AK and AR for sale used is overpriced. In the past I have seen a couple sellers with overpriced guns but not every gun has been overpriced like I've seen lately. $1000 oly AR15, $750 WASRs, and $900 converted Saigas is what I've been seeing alot of lately.

I can buy a new DPMS ORC for $510. WASRs are going new for around $575. Yugo pap m92 pistols are new at $499. I understand that people overpaid during the panic and their trying to get their money back out of what they paid but I don't understand why they think their gun is so much better than a NIB model.

For instance, I seen a used yugo pap pistol online with 100 rounds through it for $850. I email the seller asking if he would come down on price as they are NIB for $499. Thinking he was uninformed on that and maybe I could pick it up for $475 he emailed back with the lowest he would go is $800. Still $300 more than new....

What have you guys been seeing for used prices in your part of the country?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
All over the place...one store has a beat up MAK-90 for $1050, another will have a like new one for $500. Wasrs can go from $450 upwards to $1250. It's nuts. Only rifles that are going by realistic used prices are Marlin and Winchester lever actions...

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Private sellers will try to not lose money on their purchases for as long as possible. So if they bought at the wrong time, they aren't going to care if NIB value of one is less than they paid. They will only sell at a lose of the NEED the money now. Companies ... different story. There may be value in selling something at a loss to free up money to purchase new products/inventory.

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
I know this topic has been beaten to death but anybody notice the used gun prices lately? it seems EVERY used AK and AR for sale used is overpriced. In the past I have seen a couple sellers with overpriced guns but not every gun has been overpriced like I've seen lately. $1000 oly AR15, $750 WASRs, and $900 converted Saigas is what I've been seeing alot of lately.

I can buy a new DPMS ORC for $510. WASRs are going new for around $575. Yugo pap m92 pistols are new at $499. I understand that people overpaid during the panic and their trying to get their money back out of what they paid but I don't understand why they think their gun is so much better than a NIB model.

For instance, I seen a used yugo pap pistol online with 100 rounds through it for $850. I email the seller asking if he would come down on price as they are NIB for $499. Thinking he was uninformed on that and maybe I could pick it up for $475 he emailed back with the lowest he would go is $800. Still $300 more than new....

What have you guys been seeing for used prices in your part of the country?
Same here in Oklahoma, high prices on used / pre-owned anything. I see people asking panic prices and I guess some of that is out of fear of taking a loss. They are way late for that game if so.
I do builds as they come around and purchase ammo online...about it.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it looks like its pretty much all over. I mainly look in Washington and Oregon as I live in the PNW. Anymore I look on local selling websites (armslist, outdoorstrader, ect, ect) if I'm looking to trade one of my firearms. Even then, it seems that people don't want to give you any kind of decent trade value.

As far as buyings guns used, I'm pretty much done with that unless I'm looking for something that is no longer manufactured. Just seems like its easier and cheaper to buy new.

·
Registered
430 Posts
At the last PA show, i saw the prices of AR's drop to $600-$700's. Ak prices were somewhere in the middle, Wasr's $650, Pap's $700 Yugo M77's $650.
There is always the exception too, a dealer that had (2) milled Polytech's for $700 that got them from an estate. They were gone in 10 min after the show started.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I don't bother with Arms list. Never did. Gun stores and trusted members of a few forums are the only places I buy. Everyone else can ask tens of thousands for all I care.

Gun stores near me in SE Pa. PAP rifles $425-550, WASRs $450, Colts $1000 +/- depending on model. Tantal $650, used Glocks $399. D - technik VZ58 with 6 mags $550. HK P 200 with 5 mags $599. P mags gen $8 no limit or $12

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've picked up some screaming deals recently in the used guns market. Sales have slowed so it really is a buyers market now.
Not in my area. You would think with the holidays people would be needing Christmas money. In years past I have gotten good deals around Christmas but this year is different.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just a little markup is all.

Post a car on craigslist for $2000, they'll offer $1500.

Post one for $2500, they'll offer $2000.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a little markup is all.

Post a car on craigslist for $2000, they'll offer $1500.

Post one for $2500, they'll offer $2000.
Thats fine if your talking about something no longer manufactured. But when it is being manufactured and is hundreds less new, then it makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I assist a local FFL at gun shows. Right now, new O-Paps are $569, & DPMS AR's are $659. Should someone have a Yugo folder they bought for over $1000 last February, we'll offer them $350 for it, & sell it for $500. When this one guy heard the offer, he nearly died, & told us what he paid. We told him he shouldn't have paid $1100 for a $650 gun, & he should have purchased it a year before when prices were "normal". He said he would lose a bundle, & couldn't sell it for $350. An hour later he was back because he needed the money to pay bills, & the other dealers only offered him $250. This happens quite often. But the morale of the story is to buy guns before the scare. Now is a good time with entry level AR's below $650. Don't wait until another tragedy when the price will double. GARY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts