AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Where the hell would one get a parts kit???

·
Registered
741 Posts
I was wondering the same thing....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Waiting for reply from AA on availability. :confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
As mentioned in the Saiga forums, the ATF considers the trunion to be the serialized portion (translation: firearm), so the AA receiver is just sheetmetal.

Although, most AK's have serialized trunions... ?

As in AR's and newly introduced pistols, the part housing the FCG is the "firearm". I wish the ATF were more consistant.

We need a US made mag fed shotgun!

buckmeister

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I received a reply from AA, basically it's not a Saiga receiver, but a new design resembling an S12:

" It is the finished product, it is not a factory second or anything like that ,it is our last one for a little while,
no it will not take Saiga 12 parts, we decided to make a whole new shotgun based on what we have
learned from making the Saiga 12 reliable.
We fast tracked these receivers because of the proposed assault
weapons ban (I believe it was H.R. 6257) the rest of the parts will be available soon. If you purchase a
receiver now and purchase a parts kit when they are available, you then send in your receiver we build
your shotgun with a factory warranty. Please note for the purpose of quality control we will not send the parts
kit out,
- the guns will be assembled here.

Thanks,

Logan

Alliance Armament LLC
Phone (812)-897-4908
Fax (812) 897 4230 "

So, it doesn't readily accept Saiga parts & they are not planning on selling the compatible parts sets separately.

:sad:

·
Registered
136 Posts
The catch is that they haven't released a price for the "parts kit" nor shown even a prototype. Will it take AGP mags? I am glad a US company is finally announcing an intent to build such a beast.

As far as naysayers... AGP was accussed of "vaporware" before their product made it to market.

So AA, you get a temporary reprieve. Give us a peek...

Need Beta testers? I'll volunteer.

buckmeister

·
Registered
184 Posts
Look at the photos, notice that the FIRE/SAFE is engraved on the wrong side? Why even offer to sell this? A receiver for non existant parts that may be produced someday if there is a ban that has a loophole that will allow these to fall thru. IF they produced the gun these would be unnecessary. I fail to see the logic here.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just a thought, but they might be selling the receivers to help fund/cover the slated production of the entire gun/"parts kits". If they sell X amount of receivers it might be worth the further tooling up to get the ball rolling on actual production of complete shotguns and "parts kits".

Some consider this to be an ill at ease business practice but it is what it is and has been done in the past by many others. I am NOT saying that this is what these guys are doing, but that it is possible.

I would definitely think very hard before putting any $ into one of these things. In the past other vendors have offered "pre buys" and the like and have had everything come apart at the seams leaving the customer hanging in the wind.. You might end up with a unique and memorable - yet worthless paperweight, or nothing at all.

Another thing to remember is these guys might be completely solid and genuine indeed, but they also cannot (like the rest of us) foresee/control future legislation. Everybody seems to "know/believe" that there will always be an ubiquitous "grandfather clause".. There has NEVER been a "guarantee" that that there is always going to be a grandfather clause... I myself have "hedged' against future asinine legislation by buying various stripped or complete receivers. But like I said there is no solid guarantee that I have made a good choice ...

If the vendor/manufacturer promised in writing (contractually) that once you purchased AND RECIVED the receiver that you would be guaranteed the opportunity/chance to purchase a "parts kit", or have them build said shotgun it would be a little less risky sounding.

At the end of the day if you have the beans to spend and can afford a possible loss, go for it....

Buyer beware, and good luck. If these turn out to be a hot new item and are good to go that is always a win in my book..

--->APB

·
Registered
321 Posts
Jesus! Again with the Saiga reliability bullshit from alliance...

These are the guys who make the CNC "Wraithmaker" 12ga Saiga drums. Their drums do NOT always work with a stock shotgun.

They claim that the Saiga is a piss-poorly made weapon and requires "reliability" work from their shop in order to function the way it should. According to them, the problem is NOT their drum but the poorly machined and excessively toleranced Saiga. (These statements are posted from e-mails from Saiga forum members) For the low LOW price of $200, they will tweak and tune your Saiga to run as it should and to fit their drum. Wow, I had no idea that the Russians designed the shotgun wrong to begin with... :roll:

Oddly enough, there are people on the Saiga forum who have been bitching about the stock mags no longer working after AA has done the "reliability" work. AA's response is that the factory mags are junk. Turns out that the work done to fit the drum, screws the pooch as far as using factory mags ever again in some shotguns.

It's also interesting to point out that every single item of the $200 "reliability" work was covered in GREAT detail on the Saiga forum with pictures and excellent descriptions long before AA started doing the work. And there don't seem to be many problems with reliability with anyone doing their own tweaking... Oh yeah, the Saiga forum info is FREE.

I wouldn't buy a fucking thing from these guys. They over-engineered a drum magazine and it didn't work with many of the guns it was used in. Rather than blame their übermag, they blame the gun.

Now they're going to redesign and improve the Saiga based on what they learned? Pfffft, gimme a fucking break.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts