AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
I have several barrels from him and they are very nice,just got 3 more in last thursday actually :grin: . The gas port hole along with the other retaining holes DO need to be drilled,i'm not sure if he mentiones that in his ad.

· Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
buffalo

Thanks for the reply. I missed the boat on all of the $79 matching barreled kits, so I thought I might try my hand at building a "virgin". Have you actually built and shot any of these? Do you know who makes them?

I figured if I had to have a dumb little extension to make the barrel legal, it might as well be part of the rifled barrel instead of a sleeve.

I like the look of the FS and GB close together as in the original AMD. Do these barrels have the FSB journal in the original location?

Thanks!

· Registered
554 Posts
msg1956 said:
buffalo

Thanks for the reply. I missed the boat on all of the $79 matching barreled kits, so I thought I might try my hand at building a "virgin". Have you actually built and shot any of these? Do you know who makes them?

I figured if I had to have a dumb little extension to make the barrel legal, it might as well be part of the rifled barrel instead of a sleeve.

I like the look of the FS and GB close together as in the original AMD. Do these barrels have the FSB journal in the original location?

Thanks!

My friend built one about a month ago but i have not yet,everytime i say i'm gonna start i have to leave town for work :sad: From what i have seen by looking at them and what my friend said the only surprise was that the retaining pin holes needed to be drilled also besides the gas port,we both for some reason thought that it was just needing the gas port hole. I have not actually held one up to one of my original amd-65 barrels but i was told they are an exact copy. Sorry i can't tell ya more,they are very nice though. I do not know the guy personally but i know where he lives in FL and he has very fast replies through email,i actually bought mine through emails rather than GB and they arrived 2 days after he shipped.

· Registered
1,651 Posts
From the pic of the completed rifle shown in the ad it looks like the FSB will be about 2 inchs further forward then on a stock AMD short barrel.

So if you build on this the FSB and GB will not be close to each other as on a factory barrel. You would need to have the barrel turned down to FSB ID for a couple of more inchs to get it in the same position relative to each other.

This would leave two inchs of bare barrel from the FSB to the threads and then your stock muzzle brake would thread on but would not have anything to cinch up to (fsb is two inchs further down the barrel now).

Might look a bit weird I would just leave the barrel as is and live with the wider spacing between barrel components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.