·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think these were the early Chinese and North Korean mags he was selling before. All gone now, though!
Thanks for your response. I really wanted to know details on this one! The link showed a spine backed mag with Chinese follower and two lower ribs. Not Chugo, not Yugo...50's-60's Chinese,
very early, was the claim.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I talked to Sam, the owner, several times about these and he never gave a definitive date for these to be put back up for sale, but I guess i missed out, again!

·
Registered
22,617 Posts
What was the price?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The mags they had before were Sino-soviet, transitional, and NK mags. I did not get to see this pic, the link was already dead, but emails with Sam confirmed that several had star in circle stamps and triangle 66 stamps. some of the mags had traditional euro 3 rib lower, while the others had 2 rids that went all the way across the mag body.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two short lower ribs or did they go almost all the way across the width of the mag?

No one saved a picture?
All the way across. With an active link when posted, it never occurred to me to paste picture.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks, TRAAK'S! I have three on the way!

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Two short lower ribs or did they go almost all the way across the width of the mag?

No one saved a picture?
for the record today...12/27/2013...SG ad reads as follows:

30 Round AK-47 Mag - Sold as-is - Early Asian Military 1950s-1960s vintage - Double Rib Bottom with Ridge-Back - Fair to Excellent Condition | SGAmmo.com

These came mixed into a shipment of early production Chinese and North Korean mags. I am not certain what the country of origin is and these have a mix of features that normally do not go together, such as the chinese type follower and double rib bottom, however they have a ridge back which is abnormal to be in conjunction with the prior two features. Most likely this is a type of mag that was only breifly produced in the early days of manufacturing AK mags in China. Condition may vary from fair to excellent. No warrenty is made on these mags for condition or function but they appear to be very nice mags in my examination of a sample from this lot. If you buy a large number of these expect some to be nicer than others. They are older suplus and condition will vary mag to mag. Sold "AS-IS"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Surprised they are still there- 9 left in stock

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Nice find, TRAAKS.

ordered a couple but it's still showing 9 available (?)

Maybe there's a lag, but that's not how an electronic inventory should work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts