AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been looking around the internet for ak pistols and i just cant figure out whats a good one to get. Ive looked and draco, some polish and others but i dont know whats good or whats trash. Any recommendations on anything less than $900?

·
Banned
229 Posts
Honestly just spend the extra 200ish and get a sam7k-4 or sam7k-44
The -4 has the 1913 rear rail so you can add a brace easily
Or the -44 has the rear rail and threaded barrel so you can change the muzzle device if you care to

Honestly my sam7k is my top 3 go to guns and also my backpack gun

The draco is ehhh I'd choose the polish over the draco if your set on a stamped receiver gun

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If you are looking at imports, none of them are trash.
However I would not choose a Zastava.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The m85 is a pretty sweet little package. I would not overlook our friends in Serbia just because their current importer overprices their offerings.
Reliability is something I always consider. My opinion is not based on personal experience.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i got a draco..added a side rail and have tagged steel at 200 with a pk01v many times..never once had a jam or ftf or fte. factory everything..if i wasnt in commiefornia id have sbr'd it already..so..yeah..draco ftw!!
I always kick myself in the butt every time I remember I should have bought one when they were available here behind the red curtain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I built me a replica Draco off a Polish kit. If hindsight is 20/20 and would have waited a few years, I would be considering the Polish Lynx. The Polish Hellpup is the manufactured Polish clone of the Draco. I understand, they are OK.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Ouch!
Do we have any documented failures? Asking since I don't know. I am not being condescending.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam7s are nice but i should have specified that the 900 i said was like my limit. Ive lookd at the lynx but ive also seen the mini jack from the same people if im not mistaken and ive narrowed it down to those two. Ill prob also sbr it or throw a pistol one on it

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
A couple thoughts if you're considering an SBR. In the case of an M92, if the traditional UF stock is desired, expect to pay $150 + installation. For a Draco, there are basically NO AIMR stocks available. But a UF, though its authenticity is debatable, would be pretty nice. If you're not a traditionalist, there are many other stock options. For me, there is just something about those two, being made by Zastava and Cugir (military factories) that appeals more to me than the WBP guns.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I like the newer option of the 1913 rail on the rear trunion to facilitate the addition or removal of a brace/stock.

·
Registered
282 Posts
M92s are great, I have 2 SBRs. Just make sure you install the proper pins and a retainer plate and all is good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts