AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a navy blue Russian AK sling. It has galvanized metal and an OTK 5 stamp. I was told it was for an AK 74, can anyone out there help with any other info such as what era, which model, etc... I have pictures but cannot figure out how to post, any help with either matter is greatly appreciated.
-Dbyrd750

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is the one! I was going to use it on an AK74 with plum furniture, and I was wondering if it was correct for that era. (late eighties) :grin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would like to know more about these as well. I bought one quite some time ago and it looks pretty good on my NDM-86 Dragunov with black russian furniture. I know it may not be correct, but it does match better. Almost grey in color.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The Soviets made black/dark grey slings & web gear for their naval infantry.

I have a couple of black Russian slings. One is the old style with the leather tab that I have seen dated around '51 & '52 (mine doesn't have a date stamp). The other is like the one in the photo above. Mine has the same stamp with no date.

I have & have seen other web gear - mag pouches, grenade pouches, canteen covers - all made in that color too. It appears that the Soviets made stuff in that color from at least the 50's until their demise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts